Robert Flores suggested I post my and Steve MacDonald's Christian Comics reviews on the Forum site. So here they are. I hope you find them interesting. They are also posted on the Main page review section and my CCAS Blog. God bless, DonThe…
"For those new to the discussion it is worth going back and reading the previous posts. For example what about an East Coast convention. That is answered on this posting line on Dec. 1 by Ralph Miley. Also under the Discussion Forum (above) second…"
"David, good possible panel discussion topics. Most of these have been at least spoken about as possibilities. while everything is still fluid at this stage we are thinking sincet this is a one day convention and we have two conference rooms…"
"Hailey,
Very good thoughts and suggestions. You may have missed the original announcement that was posted on the Main Page of the CCAS ning site. That is understandable since the main page gets updated everyday with various announcements from the…"
"One issue that hasn't been addressed here is that the proposed convention would be in addition to not a replacement for CCAS' presence at the conventions we currently have tables and panels at. It is important to have a Christian presence and…"
"Before we get to far afield just want to comment on a couple of things. Bryans thanks so much for the Echo Conference suggestion. I'm sure we can learn a lot from them.
Looking over their web site briefly to idea of the different between conferences…"
"Perhaps the organizers of the Heroes Con in North Carolina, the Sheldon and Cynthia Drumm would be a good model. They let the exhibitors know their's would be a family friendly convention so the "explicit" material didn't have a place there and they…"
"John, several Christian Comics notables (not Ralph or myself) have discussed and researched the possibility of having a similar convention on the East Coast (Florida). This "event" has been postponed at least for some time. If Ralph wants to…"
You might try to contact Sergio Cariello, the artist of the Action Bible. Sergio was an instructor at the Joe Kubert school for several years and might give you some good inside info on the that school. I've heard it is really a hard as…"
"Welcome to CCAS David. CCAS has a monthly meeting in the LA area. You might want to check that out. Get in touch with Ralph Miley or Eric Jansen who are both local CCAS members and members of this web site."
You're right but, yes, the cape is cool. This guy wore a Captain Marvel (Fawcett Comics) costume at the Phoenix Comic Con that was in May. I had a photo taken of me with him there. He is part of a DC Comics Costume group here in Arizona that…"
Hello Don,
The copy of your "2007 Guide to Christian Comics" arrived yesterday, I was blown away by it:) Each year you put these guides out, I am always excited to discover new Christian comics from both newcomers and veterans, from amateurs to the big Christian publishing companies...2007 has been an exciting year, huh? I know I'll enjoy tracking down all the online Christian comic sites you listed over the coming days:) Thanks for making these books, they are incredibly helpful!
Hi Don, thanks for the encouragement to get back into AO:) I just emailed my 'trib to Rob, hope everything goes okay. The news about Harry Miller is great, Praise the Lord! I wish I hadn't been so out of touch of late, I didn't know he was in rehab until now. Anyway, talk with you soon:)
Gerry Lee
Don,
Yeah, we put it on hold. It was difficult to do. My Pursuit at the moment lies in the re-birth and relaunch of Matthew Cross: FaithWalker. I still have my hands in a few creative cookie jars.
Great to see you out here.
Don,
We three guinea pigs, two rats, two chincillas, two dogs, one bird and one water dragon. She has one of the guinea pigs living with one of the rats. Now the rat thinks it is a guinea pig. She like spiders and moths, but can't stand cockroaches. We have a small zoo at the Miley house.
Don,
To answer your question about the people I am working with on Luna: Moon-Hunter.
A couple may be prefessioning Christians but I am not sure of their actual beliefs or relationship with Christ. J.C. Vaugh is Christian. Drew was in the Church but passed away earlier this year and Buzz is a Buddhist.
If you get a chance make sure to sign up on the Luna site for any up-dates.
Thanks again and let me know if you have any more questions.
Comments
The copy of your "2007 Guide to Christian Comics" arrived yesterday, I was blown away by it:) Each year you put these guides out, I am always excited to discover new Christian comics from both newcomers and veterans, from amateurs to the big Christian publishing companies...2007 has been an exciting year, huh? I know I'll enjoy tracking down all the online Christian comic sites you listed over the coming days:) Thanks for making these books, they are incredibly helpful!
God bless you and yours,
Gerry Lee
Gerry Lee
Mike
Yeah, we put it on hold. It was difficult to do. My Pursuit at the moment lies in the re-birth and relaunch of Matthew Cross: FaithWalker. I still have my hands in a few creative cookie jars.
Great to see you out here.
Clint
Let me know what you think of Hand of the Morningstar and Son of Samson. I think you might enjoy Kingdoms as well.
We three guinea pigs, two rats, two chincillas, two dogs, one bird and one water dragon. She has one of the guinea pigs living with one of the rats. Now the rat thinks it is a guinea pig. She like spiders and moths, but can't stand cockroaches. We have a small zoo at the Miley house.
To answer your question about the people I am working with on Luna: Moon-Hunter.
A couple may be prefessioning Christians but I am not sure of their actual beliefs or relationship with Christ. J.C. Vaugh is Christian. Drew was in the Church but passed away earlier this year and Buzz is a Buddhist.
If you get a chance make sure to sign up on the Luna site for any up-dates.
Thanks again and let me know if you have any more questions.
God Bless,
Rob
This is new to me. I'm venturing into uncharted territory.
God Bless,
Rob
-
4
-
5
-
6
-
7
-
8
of 8 Next