"I have a tablet, but I'm still learning how to use the darn thing. lol. SO, I originally use lead pencils for sketching. With photoshop, I darker the lines with the help of one filter, and a few contrasting here and there. For sharp lines, I go…"
If we think that to desire goodness for ourselves is a shameful or prideful, bad thing, he suggests that this idea came from the secular philosopher Kant and the Stoic Philosophy and that it has nothing to with the Christian faith. On the contrary, if we think abot the dramatic rewards promised by God in the very nature of the Gospels, then it appears that God sees our own desires, not as too strong, but as too weak. That we are half-hearted people, messing around with distractions like alcohol and sex and ambition instead of gaining the infinite joy God offers us. We are like stupid children who want to continue to make mud pies in a slum because we can't understand what is meant by what God said; the reality of what God offered us. We are far too easily satisfied with less than God intends for us.
Welcome aboard! I'm Scott A. Shuford, one of the new CCAS Board members. I wanted to stop in and say thanks for being involved with CCAS!
If you have any input or would like to be involved with anything in particular, please let me and Eric Jansen (Membership Coordinator for CCAS) know by contacting us both through the site.
To see a bit more about me, check out my profile here on the site. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.
Can you post or join in a forum discussion topic, post your own blog entry or upload your art or video now? :)
Consider the words of C.S. Lewis:
"If there lurks in most modern minds the notion that to desire our own good and to earnestly hope for the enjoyment of it is a bad thing, I suggest that this notion has crept in from Kant and the Stoics and is no part of the Christian faith. Indeed, if we consider the unblushing promises of reward and the staggering nature of the rewards promised in the Gospels, it would seem that our Lord finds our desires, not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling around with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at sea. We are far too easily pleased."
Welcome to the CCAS XF. This is a great place to some connections. You will find some very gifted brothers and sisters in the Lord on this site. You should definitely post some of your work. May the Lord richly bless you as you grow in the knowledge of Him.
Comments
Beloved in Grace,
Cassy
CS paraphrased:
If we think that to desire goodness for ourselves is a shameful or prideful, bad thing, he suggests that this idea came from the secular philosopher Kant and the Stoic Philosophy and that it has nothing to with the Christian faith. On the contrary, if we think abot the dramatic rewards promised by God in the very nature of the Gospels, then it appears that God sees our own desires, not as too strong, but as too weak. That we are half-hearted people, messing around with distractions like alcohol and sex and ambition instead of gaining the infinite joy God offers us. We are like stupid children who want to continue to make mud pies in a slum because we can't understand what is meant by what God said; the reality of what God offered us. We are far too easily satisfied with less than God intends for us.
Welcome aboard! I'm Scott A. Shuford, one of the new CCAS Board members. I wanted to stop in and say thanks for being involved with CCAS!
If you have any input or would like to be involved with anything in particular, please let me and Eric Jansen (Membership Coordinator for CCAS) know by contacting us both through the site.
To see a bit more about me, check out my profile here on the site. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.
Can you post or join in a forum discussion topic, post your own blog entry or upload your art or video now? :)
At Your Service,
Scott A. Shuford
www.frontgatemedia.com
CCAS Board Member 2008-2010
Consider the words of C.S. Lewis:
"If there lurks in most modern minds the notion that to desire our own good and to earnestly hope for the enjoyment of it is a bad thing, I suggest that this notion has crept in from Kant and the Stoics and is no part of the Christian faith. Indeed, if we consider the unblushing promises of reward and the staggering nature of the rewards promised in the Gospels, it would seem that our Lord finds our desires, not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling around with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at sea. We are far too easily pleased."
I see on this description you draw anime, sweetness. What sort of comics may I ask? :)
is that a dA address I see on your icon? I can't read it :D
-
1
-
2
of 2 Next