CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Hey all! I really hope this is the appropriate place for a posting such as this. If not, please move it to it's proper home. Thanks!

Who?

Harsh Realities is a pen and paper Role Playing Game company putting out 6 books in the following year. We are enthusiastic Christians who attempt to live by a Biblical Worldview and Code of Honor. We are producing products that evangelize and testafy that there is but one and only one True God and He is God the Father, Creator of the Universe, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit all in one. True, the games can be played by ignoring that fact, but we are still putting it out there and forcing people to deal with the reality of God's love and grace. What they do with that we simply cannot control.

To this end, we are starting with our universal mechanic, which is written and nearly edited, and following with world books thereafter. Each world book continues the trend of one Creator God - though some are forced into analogue or metaphor do to genre (think Narnia). An example of this is a fantasy setting might have a force of energy called 'magic' that can be used by mages and wizards alike. It is a natural part of that world much like water or air, but there would also be Sorcery and Faith, which are diametrically apposed sources of power. Sorcery requires a pact with a demonic essence, and Faith requires a devotion to the One true God. Darkness and violence v. Light and love.

My second reason for posting here is that I am AD for these up-coming books. We are now accepting submissions from all levels of experience at Harsh_Inc(at)yahoo(com) (please put Art Submission in subject heading).

As the AD for the projects I am looking for potential artists to have a firm grasp on anatomy, dynamic poses, story telling through illustration, firm grasp on such things as use of light, color/contrast (depending on if color or black/white), perspective, and over all composition. Style is a case by case situation, but overall I am not looking for anime or westernized anime type styles at this time.
Genres we are looking to hit on at the moment would include Fantasy, Sci-fi, Post Apoc, Steampunk, Supers, and Horror, though PG-13 to NC-17 images are preferred over others as our target audience is roughly 10 and up.

Compensation will be considered and negotiated depending on quality of work and experience.

Third, and certainly not least by any stretch of the imagination, we would like to ask for prayer from our Christian brothers and sisters. We have already been in the line of fire, but thank the maker for our shields of faith to block those fiery arrows. We sure could use the lifting up help as we know the heat will only be stronger in the coming days. We have felt heat from Christians/Churches and non alike, and feel a bit under the gun. Please join in this campaign to evangelize to the Gamer community which is wrought with pagan and atheist worldviews and practices.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just sent you some samples. When are you starting the Kickstarter campaign?
  • Hey gang,

Thanks for the support so far. I'm down to 41 images that need creators. If you know of anyone looking to do artwork please send them my way. This is a ministry and low to no pay at the moment, so young artists looking to get their foot in the door as an illustrator or just willing to do the work as an offering would be most welcome. Once we get our kickstarter up and going things may change for the better on the financial front. Please support this effort with prayer as we are jumping into the fray and The Enemy already doesn't like it. Don't let his shut us down! Pray it up and show the forces of evil who we serve!!

• Thank you Brien! We need that most of all! The attacks have already begun and it could be a long, hard year without prayer support. Bless you, Brother!

Brien Sparling said:

The premise sounds right on, and the gamer community can always use new Christian outreach to it. I'll be holding you up in prayer, Harsh!

Harsh Realities is launching first book and taking submissions!
    Hey all! I really hope this is the appropriate place for a posting such as this. If not, please move it to it's proper home. Thanks! Who? Harsh Real…
  • The premise sounds right on, and the gamer community can always use new Christian outreach to it. I'll be holding you up in prayer, Harsh!

• Great! I may be able to put together a portfolio for you, then. Are you accepting attachments at that email address, or do I need to send you a link to my portfolio online?

Harsh said:

Thanks Paula, essentially illustrations by order. I have a list of needs for our first book and can send short briefs for each image needed. Illustrations (as apposed to a sequential panel, a pin up, etc.) are typified by telling a story in an image. Similar to cover art in style and purpose, but detail level depends on size (I.e. 1/2 page image, 1/4 page image, or 1/8th page image). Possibly character illustrations to show off playable archtypes, racial examples, etc. as well. In the first book there won't be a call for any landscapes or location-based images, but that will be a consideration for the next 5 books.

Paula Richey said:

Interesting... Though I haven't played RPGs, so I'm a bit foggy about exactly what you need :) cover art? Illustrations of characters? Illustrations of settings? What art is in an RPG?
    Hey all! I really hope this is the appropriate place for a posting such as this. If not, please move it to it's proper home. Thanks! Who? Harsh Real…
  • Thanks Paula, essentially illustrations by order. I have a list of needs for our first book and can send short briefs for each image needed. Illustrations (as apposed to a sequential panel, a pin up, etc.) are typified by telling a story in an image. Similar to cover art in style and purpose, but detail level depends on size (I.e. 1/2 page image, 1/4 page image, or 1/8th page image). Possibly character illustrations to show off playable archtypes, racial examples, etc. as well. In the first book there won't be a call for any landscapes or location-based images, but that will be a consideration for the next 5 books.

Paula Richey said:

Interesting... Though I haven't played RPGs, so I'm a bit foggy about exactly what you need :) cover art? Illustrations of characters? Illustrations of settings? What art is in an RPG?
  • Interesting... Though I haven't played RPGs, so I'm a bit foggy about exactly what you need :) cover art? Illustrations of characters? Illustrations of settings? What art is in an RPG?
This reply was deleted.