CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Where's my work or any other ethic?

Somehow I managed again to forget why I want to tell stories, draw, animate, work with, or even like humans in general! I blame trying to enlist in the wisdom war that the media/commercial/political worlds keep waging in front of me...It's very tring tallying if more people say if HFCS is bad for you than those who don't...especially if you're talling the "know it alls" to every other aspect of life...but if I don't care how am I supposed to survive healtily enough to write one single story? Add to that the stresses inside the storytelling/entertainment*branding markets themselves and it's not hard to see why all my creative energy is expended even in my subconscience...the problem is how can I recover and recover fast?

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That's deep :) Lately, God has been working on my heart to remind me what's really important in life.... leading others close to Him. And, that we have each been designed by Him, with special talents and gifts, to do just that in our own, individual way. If you try to ignore that call He has put on your heart, you will naturally feel some stress.... or worse.
  • Perhaps the best thing to do is not worry about things that are not in your power to change. I agree that you can even use the desert moments of your life to fuel some of the best work out there. I also agree that all of this should be accompanied with prayer, not as a mere requirement, but as something that you naturally do because you are living your life with God. Speak to Him anytime, I believe He's always listening.

Levon
  • or, it could be because I've been watching/playing too many shmups to think about anything else..
    • I will pray for you tonight, and often Uncharted Spirit. If you keep giving to your world without getting anything good back, you'll eventually implode:( May the Lord gift you with peace and love, so that you will be filled and renewed daily.

God bless you,
      Gerry

P.S. That 'Primal' animation you shared was really surreal! It's fascinating in spite of being nonsensical, I can't figure out how you did that.
  • Pray.
  • Don't recover. Get angry, and use your anger to create. I have two projects as a result of this method.
This reply was deleted.