CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Let's get to know each other, shall we?

Hi there,I noticed no one's started any discussions here, so I thought I'd go ahead and be the first. Why don't we introduce ourselves and find out why we're here.I'm Robin White, and I'm from New Brunswick, Canada. I'm a missionary to Japan, but in a "previous life" I was a graphic designer. I've been drawing and reading comics since I was a kid, of course, and currently have some humour work online at www.skitzoman.com. I'm hoping to do something that proves I actually can draw, someday, and something with more plot and depth. In time I hope that I can use comics and other creative arts in ministry.Who else is on here, and what are you up to?

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• What!? How'd I miss this thread. I'm Mark Melton. I created Angeldreams and Island of Conformity (both can be picked up at my site: http://www.visionlandcomics.com ) I've also done a few stories for Megazeen ( http://www.megazeenonline.com ) and have done a TON of color work for them as well. I also love to paint and you can check out my odd paintings at my blog: http://www.markmelton.blogspot.com .
    I'm an active member over at CC.net ( http://www.christiancomics.net ) and am excited to get to know everyone here.
    Oh..and I'm 30, married for 10 years to my beautiful birde Angelena and I have two wonderful daughters: October (age 9) and Alexia (age 7).
    I call Oregon home.

Word.

-mark
    Condo in Mississauga Ontario |
  • Aloha.

My name is Kawika (kah-vee-kah) and I hail from Waianae, Hawaii. Now living in Las Vegas, Nevada. I heard about you at San Diego ComicCon 08 and hadn't the fortune of attending your panels.

I've been drawing since as far back as I can remember and stopped for about 7 years as I pursued a career in engineering. Now, I'm reconnecting with my art. A rekindling of my faith and relationship with Christ has also produced a desire to glorify God through the talents He's given me.

I'm very grateful to have found this place and fellow Christians who share my interests. It's very hard to find someone that shares a fervor for God...and is artistic. We're a rare breed.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
  • Heyllo...

Looks a bit deserted here according to the pattern of the posting. I hope it's more active than what meets the eye.

I'm D.L. I'm a writer. And definitely a webcomic aficionado who needs his daily panels.

I recently been aspiring to be a comic artist when I was reading the little comics in this devotional magazine and I thought to myself, "I wish this would go somewhere much beyond and the drawing is simple yet attractive." Then it made sense.

I wonder why I realize this visual calling now in my upcoming 4th year in college. I loved comics and drawing them when I was young...oh those years I could have spent practicing. I feel a bit insecure with my comic skills. I still have time thankfully. Now to stop procrastinating...

I have began, meekly speaking with Deadend, something I contributed to my college newspaper. It's ironic how to contribute articles is difficult, but submitting comics is a lot easier. And I get paid a modest amount.

Being strongly influenced by L'Engle's Walking on Water, Turner's Imagine, and Briner's Roaring Lambs, I'm not too keen with the idea of labeling such works as "Christian" because I believe the work itself should reveal His glory whether or not God is mentioned. But I could see it being practical for other believers to find out. I highly recommend reading those books.

I'm here for networking and chilling and growing and learning and...and...yea. And fries with that please. Nice to meet you all.

Sorry if I made you read too much, taking your precious time away from meaningful activities such as watching reality TV shows...

D.L.
  • Wow...is that ever odd. I'm also from New Brunswick. Where abouts are you from? I live outside of Fredericton.

BTW, I'm new. Hi to all!

Cheers,
    Pat
  • My name is Watson. I come from Malaysia, in a small island of Borneo. I like arts, graphics, illustrations, creative arts and performing arts. I've been drawing since as far as I can remember. But a few years back some extra ordinary thing happen to me. I've become follower of Christ! Even so, I cannot separate my artistic skills from my belief. So I channel everything into His way.

I would like to expand my interest into a broader field, meet new people and friends who has the same ideas in uplifting our Lord's Kingdom through our artistic gift.
  • Hello,
    My name is Joel. I'm an artist, but I still have a lot to learn. I just recently got into anime/manga and would like to make a manga of my own someday.
  • Hi all.

I'm Christina Morrison, and I'm from San Jose, California. I grew up on Spire Comics when I was a kid and would love to see more excellent Christian comics and graphic novels available, as those made ahuge impression on me.

I'm in the process of getting my magazine "Wise Tales" distributed. It's an avenue for me to get great stories (some illustrated graphic novel style) out there, and let junior high and high school kids know that there is awesome stuff available for them in the Christian niche.
  • My name is Will Caligan and I am a comic artist. I have published work at APE Entertainment, Upperdeck/Marvel, and with a video game company called "Crispy Gamers". I presently live in High Point, NC with my wife and son.

I am presently working on a Christian creator owned book called "Outlaw Angel". I look forward to meeting more Christian brothers and sisters here on the board.
  • I was converted to Marvel comics in the mid 1970s and to Christ in the late 1980s. I've been doing Silly Daddy comics for the past 17 years with the last 4 of them being as a webcomic updated every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. My oldest daughter thinks that's cool. Someone once described my work as "the indie Family Circus of today's generation." Check it out and let me know what you think. http://sillydaddy.net
  • Hi there, all. My name's Chris, and I'm an illustrator and a writer. I just got my grad degree in Christian Education at Columbia Bible College in South Carolina, and I've been a believer for 25 years (that's hard even for me to believe!). My undergrad is in art and graphic design, though that means nothing whatsoever. I have enjoyed this site and hope to upload more sequential art at some point. I love comics and I've always loved storytelling.

I really am not sure where the Lord is directing me to focus vocationally, however. Comics are a lot of work, but I am in the process of writing a graphic novel. So far, it's over 60K words! I want to draw it myself, but, like I said, comics are a lot of work. It is an epic science fiction saga which reflects the Christian redemption story-- but technically, I think all stories are rooted in THE STORY. It's a long way from completion, and I'm chipping away at it when I'm not working on a paying job. The Lord will really have to give me supernatural stamina at some point to accomplish the thing-- but He has given me some great concepts so far. I may be calling it "ANGELIM", though that's tentative.

Feel free to drop me a line, anytime. Be encouraged that God has a plan for each of us, and it most often appears to us He doesn't seem very organized, or competent-- but we do serve a purpose-driven God. All of our random experiences will gel together at the right time, with patience, faith, and obedience. He cannot and will not fail you, so long as you give Him first place. Well, enough preaching.

It's cool to meet everybody, and may God bless each of you as you seek to serve Him with the talents He's given to you! Romans 15:5,6. Below are a few links...

http://cdz.deviantart.com
    http://chrisheidt.com
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1128493513
This reply was deleted.