Gender
Male
Saginaw, MI
Age: 33 Birthday: October 15
Gender
Male
Location
Saginaw, MI
Birthday:
October 15
Age:
33
Location:
male
Area(s) of Interest or Expertise:
comics? I don't get the question...
My Testimony: (We encourage members to share briefly about how their faith in Christ has impacted their lives.)
My faith is really easy to understand. Yet, hard to understand all at the same time. I have accepted a God the world has rejected. I've turned from my life of sin, and gave it all to Jesus. I follow the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The God who led Israel out of the land of Egypt, and into the land of milk and honey. Then my Lord came here to Earth, and died for my sins and the sins of the world. He is the Alpha and the Omega, he is Jesus Christ the Lord. But above all things, He's my Lord.
Dream Job: (If you could have your dream job in the comics industry, what would it be?)
comic artist
Favorite Comic Creators:
Mark Millar, Steve McNiven, Ivan Reiss, more to name!
You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!
Comments are closed.
Comments
So yeah click here--------> http://www.freewebs.com/magistratecomic
Happy Thanksgiving! I'm Scott A. Shuford, one of the new Board members. I wanted to stop in and say thanks for being involved with CCAS! If you have any input or would like to be involved with anything in particular, please let me and Eric Jansen (Membership Coordinator for CCAS) know by contacting us both through the site. We'll be making several announcements in the coming weeks, so stay tuned. To see a bit more about me, check out my profile here on the site. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.
At Your Service,
Scott A. Shuford
www.frontgatemedia.com
CCAS Board Member 2008-2010
Consider the words of C.S. Lewis:
"If there lurks in most modern minds the notion that to desire our own good and to earnestly hope for the enjoyment of it is a bad thing, I suggest that this notion has crept in from Kant and the Stoics and is no part of the Christian faith. Indeed, if we consider the unblushing promises of reward and the staggering nature of the rewards promised in the Gospels, it would seem that our Lord finds our desires, not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling around with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at sea. We are far too easily pleased."
I believe at that point you'll get a popup with two options. Either you can post a URL to show the image (if it's already on the web somewhere) or you can just upload it directly.
Let me know if you have any more problems.
~R
Be sure to post look at the drawovers thread in the Mentors group area.
http://christiancomicart.ning.com/group/mentors/forum/topic/show?id...
That'll be the most direct way for us to help you out with specific drawings. Anytimg you're having trouble with a drawing, post up what you have, and I or someone else, will do what we can to help, by drawing over your existing drawing, showing how you can fix things.
Keep drawing!
~R
Thanks for the Comment on the Lurker sketch, yea, this wasn't drawn from the Bible, but something that I would figure a kind of demon or Fallen as I put it in the story to be, knowing that there are several kinds of Fallen Angels and just trying to depict them in their own...light? lol Thanks and I too am glad that I won't be there for the Tribulation. :D Gob Bless!
Welcome to CCAS. Great to have you with us. As to your question about comic creators. Who are your favorite comic book artists and writers (that is basically what it means)?
From your drawings I'd say try doing your figures in action poses. Like running and jumping and leaping. Comics do have quite moments where the characters stand around talking but we all enjoy seeing them in action. I'd be more concerned about the dynamics of your figures-- costume design can come later.
Hope this suggestion is helpful. God bless,
DinoDon
-
1
-
2
of 2 Next