CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
OK, this starts out fairly basic, but hang in there, it stacks up quickly...GRAPHIC IDENTITYEach object has its own recipe for how it reacts to light. I'm going to use a ball to make this point:

You're free to create (or borrow) a recipe for every texture you want. I looked at a lot of realistic types, (Neal Adams, Michael Golden, Bill Sienkewicz, Gil Kane) but you can pick anyone you like or mix and match for yoourself.The use of this gives you very clear overlaps for your picture!It takes you from this:

<To this:

<So you can see how this separates objects by their texture.Now, in a picture this has to be incorporated along with the lighting so that you really get a three dimensional aspect and "feel" to each thing.HOW TO USE THIS PRINCIPLE:This is a layout of a Spawn picture:

now as you light each object you need to also add a texture:Spawn's costume:

*Note the black compared to the white.The woman's flesh and her Spandex:

<Shiny stuff:

<The sweater:

<The cape:

<The background:

<</body>Spawn image copyright Todd Macfarlane, Image comicsNow there are a lot of other things about pictures, but this should help get things cookin'.Hope you find it helpful, God Bless!!

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –