CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

IDEAS FOR GAMES

So I've been thinking about my own ideas for games that are faith-based but not overly cheesy. I was thinking heavily on the matter one day writing down some storylines, and I believe that GOD told me that games need to be captivating as well as carry a message. With next-gen systems out there and the great games we already love to play how can we as believers come together to create a totally SICK!!!! Game, that in the end expresses the love of GOD and his call to repentance for all mankind, that doesn't get the critics throwing soda at us for creating another 'bible-star throwing' game? Let me know what's on your minds!!!

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't know, but since Left Behind: Eternal Forces came out i would have to assume there are. I think there is actually a convention for Christian gamers and programmers. I haven't looked into it because i'm always looking up Christian comics. :) But i mean Design, story-telling and so-forth. I'm sure there are more than enough. And while all the things you mentioned are important in a game, i would venture to say that Story and gameplay are the most important. You have to be interested in the game, at least somewhat, and you have to have fun playing the game The hardest part is creating a scenerio that is interesting, which necessitates conflict, which in turn necessitates at least some level of violence. I'm sorry, but the Christian gaming genre cannot simply consist of board games and Trivia games.
    • I like that idea. I had a similiar one, slightly more vague though. But an angel character would be great. I think a platform similiar to Legacy of Kane or God of War could work.
  • I'm a pretty big gamer - my wife and I own a wii and 360 (though my 360 just red-ringed). I've often been frustrated by some of the games out there that look really captivating, but have a negative or sin-drenched story line. There's many games which I've refused to touch because of this. I understand artistic expression and wanting to have a more adult story line. But some of this goes beyond that.

As far as game ideas, I've always wondered about exploration games. If you've seen Arthur and the Invisibles or Honey I shrunk the kids, I've been intruiged about how this would translate into an exploration game with adventure or action elements. Such as a backyard where you have to find small pieces of trash or lost items to create flying machines or boats to progress further into the yard. You may be able to ride ants or beetles, harness dragonflies for riding, or build a house out of small twigs. You could explore underground ant tunnels and help defend them from harmful predatory insects. Or swimming down a river that is created when it rains. It would be an open world in some aspects with various story driven missions you could take at your choosing. I'm certain you could work a biblical theme of the magnitude and wonder of God's creation.

I think a Christian game should offer up something different from the norm. Something completely new and creative.

What do you think about a game that takes place in the past? Perhaps a Christian who works to spread the gospel further into Rome and eventually deeper into Europe? Again, this would be adventure and exploration theme with perhaps bits of RPG elements.

Or you could also have strategy based games of Israel rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem and defending it with various units from attackers.

There's a huge amount of material in the Bible to work with that could unlock the imagination and hearts of children and adults, enlightening or provoking further thought about God's word!
    Index of /
    • I like those ideas. THe first one is like a christian "Animal Crossing", and the second could like Age of Empires. Maybe there could even be one with a bit of TimeSplitters flavor to it. Forgive the comparisons, Its just something i do to sent the game up in my mind.
This reply was deleted.