CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

It Oughta Be A Game

I've got a lot of idea's for video games. And maybe someday i'll actually get to make some. But for now i've got this forum to use to talk outta the side of my head and i'mma gerna use it.:) You know what would make a great game. "Thriller". Thats right, Micheal Jacksons Thriller. Just imagine if you will. It would be a cross between RESIDENT EVIL and DDR max. You could challege bosses to dance-offs while going through levels taking out zombie hordes with your dance moves. Maybe that wereCat could be the big boss, i don't know. But c'mon, THATS gold. What do you think should be a game?

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You know what would make an awesome game? Mario Chief!! It would be a spoof of Halo taking place in the Mario universe. And Mario needs a first person shooter. I've noticed that Mario has games in every genre. Sports, racing, Fighting, Puzzles, even survival horror if you count Luigi's Mansion. But he doesn't have an FPS. And why not blatantly rip off the best FPS of all time, HALO!
  • I love adaptations of religious themes in Video Games, even if they aren't Christian. In my opinion, one of the best Playstation games was 'Valkyrie Profile'. It was based loosely on Norse mythology, it rocked as a video game! The more recent game 'Okami' has a Japanese Mythological feel to it.

So what I'd like to see is a fantasy game called 'Saints' that takes place during the Dark Ages. It would be an RPG where you play a team of miracle wielding Saints out to preach the Gospel to the whole world. A back drop of wars, plagues, and spiritual opposition, as well as a wide variety of countries to journey to, would make a rich background. Saints would be given a certain number of 'miracle' points and could gain more through prayer and fasting, and their spiritual combat abilities could be boosted by prayer chains of converts in territories they've already won for the Lord. It's meant to be a fanciful Christian flavored game, not an educational tool, but through the entire game an emphasis on the Lord Jesus would be first and foremost. An interesting thing would be if there were more saint characters than would fit in a usual party so that you could have your powerful saints get martyred and boost the faith class ratings of the others...

Well, I would like to play a game like that. Video RPGs often have some kind of fictional spiritual theme to them, it would be nice if they were more Christian-like.
    • I've heard good things about Valkyrie Profile and Okami. Okami is the one with the wolf, right? That would make a great DS game.
      And now that more and more games are including moral implications we may yet see your dream come true. Although you may want to check out a game called "Ominous Horizons". I think that may be an rpg, I'm not sure though. But I've heard its really good.
This reply was deleted.