CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• I have to many hobbies. I do photography, build classic cars, body and paint on those cars, draw abstract things, paint-but its been a while, some 3D illustration work, all mostly for fun. Once in a while I will get paid which is a nice bonus. I actually started a business publishing a magazine about Hot Rods because I had a great interest in photography and I was really into cars. It was called Speed & Chrome Illustrated.

Sometimes it works out when you turn you hobby into a business, sometimes not. In my case, not, but I had a great time doin it for four years. I learned a huge amount to but alas, I really didnt make any money. So, that ended up being a very expensive hobby. I never regretted doing it though, I am much smarter today and a better business person. I have heard that most successful business people fail at least three times before making it big. I guess you learn what not to do.
  • Oh, I thought of something I do that others do for a living; as a hobby I have prepared a couple of fossil fish.

This is a freshwater herring. It's normal to dye the fossil when it's done like I have. Since I live in Hawaii I can't make a profit on this 'cause postage to get the fossils is so much. But it's kind of, sort of, a skill I am developing. God bless you all, Gerry Lee
This reply was deleted.