CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Transexual surgery, is it a sin?

Hi guys, i'm a Malaysian Christian, i reasonly heard a disturbing news in my country, a pastor go through a trans sexual surgery to change his sex to a woman and married another chrisitan man.

This transexual pastor now quit his full time job as pastor and open a direct sell company and bring thousands of people work under him to Christ.

My question is: Can we conclude this pastor as a homosexual? If so why God use him? If God agree with this pastor's act, should'nt God need to appologise for Sodom & Gamorath? If God cannot contredict himself, is this the act af devil, trying to confuse Christian?

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Buzz,

I can appreciate your take on this, but your argument does have a bit of slight-of-hand here.

"Spinal bifida", "autism", "microcephaly", and "Treacher Collins syndrome" are physical/neurological disorders. If I may use familiar terminology, there is something wrong with the hardware in these cases.

IN the case where a man feels like a woman trapped in a man's body, well, there is an problem with the software there. The programming.

Sexual identity is a product of many things. It is one thing to say that a person is born with the right parts, but those parts are deformed or defective. It is another to say that a person is born with all the right parts, those parts function, but the person does not identify with those parts.

It is an area of the soul. The person's soul is sick, and the healing of a soul is not dealt with by transforming the body.

To further illustrate, let's move away from sexuality to something a bit more... unique. Dennis Avner believes he is a cat trapped in the body of a man. Specifically, a tiger. Now, he has undergone a tremendous amount of surgery in order to transform his body into something that closer resembles what he believes exists inside.

Now, how is this different? The man felt he was not a man, but a cat, and he sought out a surgical way to make him more of a cat. But, to the sane, is he more of a cat? He has cut his flesh, and reshaped it, but genetically he is a man. He will always be a man.

He also prefers to be called "Cat". Now, do we play that game with him? Is this helping him to further allow him to live in this fantasy world he has made?

The same with the sex change issue. Do we humor such folks? Do we just say, well, that is how they are led by God, and call them "he" or "she" as they desire? Or do we say that they are led by a sinful nature seeking to gratify itself, and address them as who they ARE while attempting to minister to their damaged souls.

These folks need help and understanding, not surgery and placating. 

Just a thought.

(I'm not looking to beat a dead horse here, but I thought the whole cat thing shed a bit of new light on it.)

Cat Man: The Man Who Underwent Surgery to Look Like a Tiger
    Dennis Avner works as a computer programmer London: He has surgically pointed ears, sharpened teeth, implanted whiskers and tiger tattoos c...
  • 3884286513?profile=original

• at the beginning God made the man, and when He found the man was needing someone alike to be at odds, then He created a woman, not another man, neither turned Adan into a woman just to test if he would be better that way. I don´t mean to be harsh, but i think things are quite clear with the topic of sexuality in the Bible. I don´t want to judge anybody but i think that a pastor should have things very clear concerning those matters in the current times. In fact, most of the time, we show our love and respect to God denying our own wishes if they could be contrary to what God expects of us. That´s the truly meaning of obedience.
  • @ Crespo and Lee

It is great to see that real men understand the heart of God. We as men have to press through our "machismo" and get to "sensitivity" to the heart of the Holy Spirit. I enjoy blogging with you guys.

• Steve Crespo said:

I commute daily from Grand Central Station....

This man is broken. His soul is damaged. I don't know what he has experienced, I don't know what he has done, but I know that he needs Jesus. He is no different from the trans-gender man we've all been discussing. Both are sinful, severely damaged human beings, and making excuses and justifying their behavior only furthers the damage. Sin is after all sin.

The above was a wonderful drink of water, Steve.  Truth and love -- truth in love.  It can be a struggle at times to remember both, but both must be present.  Err to one side and we get brutal condemnation with no love -- no life.  Err on the other and we get a lie -- and still no life. 

Sometimes, our good intentions can get in the way of God's work in a person's life.  If I judge the man, I block Messiah's love from coming through me.  If I placate a man who is in sin -- parsing his sin into something other than sin, then I block Christ's truth from reaching the man (at least through me).  He needs both.  I need both.  We all need both.

Nice post.

In Messiah,

Lee

Transexual surgery, is it a sin?
    Hi guys, i'm a Malaysian Christian, i reasonly heard a disturbing news in my country, a pastor go through a trans sexual surgery to change his sex to…
  •    This reminds me of something...

I commute daily from Grand Central Station. Last week I worked crazy hours, and I was coming home very late at night. Thankfully, the Starbucks in the station was open, and as I purchased my much needed 10:00 pm cup o' joe, I saw a man that I have seen a few times before...

He's about 6' 3", but with his high heeled platform shoes on he must stand about 6' 10". He's a black man, and he wears a blonde wig. He paints his face in garish, glittery make up, and he wears a hot pink and black striped spandex mini-skirt, and halter top, as well as a garter belt and fishnet stockings.

He's quiet, I've never heard his voice, and he stumbles around Grand Central unable to steady himself on his shoes, while people stare, point, and laugh. 

Yes, he is a fairly ridiculous sight by any standard, but whenever I see this man I am so overwhelmed by sadness for him, and I find myself praying for him long after he's gone.

This man is broken. His soul is damaged. I don't know what he has experienced, I don't know what he has done, but I know that he needs Jesus. He is no different from the trans-gender man we've all been discussing. Both are sinful, severely damaged human beings, and making excuses and justifying their behavior only furthers the damage. Sin is after all sin.

I agree with Maffett also in that condemnation and a holier-than-thou response by the other side could be equally as damaging. How typical of so many in the church to think a few well placed whacks with a Bible stick will bring folks humbly into the Kingdom.

Prayer, compassion, and graceful action can be the vehicle that the Lord may use in reaching such people.

Keep our principles steady, and our hearts open.

Just wanted to share that.

• hmmm. we should weigh what is "popular culture vs. "religious piety". I had to ask my own soul these deep questions from time to time. It is easy to put on a gather's wig and spout out scriptures about what is right and holy. Or we can seek the true nature of God seek to see His creation how He sees it. Pop culture will want us to allow and accept deviant behavior and give excuses why that behavior is justified and religious piety would lead us to nag, preach, prosecute  and proselyte in an ineffective effort to bring about change. I believe that the follower of God would show compassion (not placating), understanding (not ignorance), love (not conviction), and grace (and not damnation). These are what our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ taught us (or so I thought). I think also that we should consider that the surgery is done... we cant change that, but the heart can always change. That is what the Holy Spirit is Good at.
  • Many of them (responses) seem to be influenced by popular culture and not from the scriptures themselves.

Pretty troubling, isn't it?  

• Robert,

I agree with you. I think this is a very clear cut issue.

But, one thing I love about the Lord is that He never forces us to think a certain way. Yes, when we are born-again, there is a renewing of our mind- our spirit has come alive, after all- and the change in our lives ought to be radical...

But the Lord allows us to still be who we are. When I was saved I was still Steve. I had changed, but in many ways I didn't. I still had my personality, preferences, and tastes, but for lack of a better word, they were refined. The Lord could have changed you, me, and all His saints to be identical in thought, but in His love and mercy He allowed us to be who we are. (Let's leave the striving for complete controlled and uniform thought to the cults of the world.)

I don't agree with many here on many things, but as long as we disagree on peripherals, and agree on essentials, I am glad to call anyone "brother".

My prayer is that we seek the Lord to tolerate one another's various takes on things in love, and with patience.

And trust the Lord to work in all of us in those areas where we need it.

Peace.

• I have to admit. I'm a little surprised at some of the responses to this post. Many of them seem to be influenced by popular culture and not from the scriptures themselves. It's pretty clear that mutilating your body and then claiming to be a woman and then marrying someone of the same sex is an abomination in God's eyes. What makes it even worse is that this guy is claiming to be a minister of God.
This reply was deleted.