CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

HEY ALL, IT'S ANOTHER MONTH, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS??!?!?! IT MEANS IT IS TIME FOR ANOTHER SVEN COMIC CHALLENGE!!!

BUT FIRST!!!

Last month, the comic challenge was to create a POP CULTURE comic that heralded, trumpeted, advocated for, or otherwise merely referenced Christianity. We had two AWESOME submissions. The first individual up to BAT had a WONDERful and SUPER submission about our favorite DC characters - Martin Murtinellovskivitch. AND THE next submission SPEEDING BY was by a one BRIAN SPEARLINGWALD. CHECK OUT THEIR SUBMISSIONS BELOW PLS:

3449076172?profile=originalAND:

3449076266?profile=originalAND THE FIRST PLACE WINNER is MARTIN MURTONENADFASD with the GOLD TROPHY and BRYAN SPEARLIN with the SILVER TROPHY!!!

3449076376?profile=original3449076322?profile=original

NOW WHAT ABOUT MARCH?!??!?!

This March, we want to try something EVEN MORE CHALLENGING!!! The Bible is the Word of God - it is not only the Word of God, but the Word of God quotes the Word of God which can sometimes come from the Word of God, that is the Word made flesh (the Son)) who speaks the Word (what He says) in the Word (the Bible). As you can see, there are three applications and direct meanings that "the Word" can take. The importance of God's Word, and its manifestation in the flesh, is divulged with some mystery in the first book of John, as if mirroring and reflecting on the first chapter of Genesis. It is therefore no surprise to see the characters of Christian comics reciting the Word and practicing the Word - but how many comics can illuminate Christ and His heart without the use of any words whatsoever? Is it possible to write a strip in a few panels, or even in an entire page, that trumpets our God or His people without the use of anything but non-verbals and scenery? DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO CREATE COMIC ART THAT ANYONE FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD COULD UNDERSTAND?

If you can, write a Christian comic in a few panels (AT LEAST TWO) without the use of words. IF YOU CAN, you could win BIG. That is, an awesome trophy that you can put on your website or print off and put on a mantelpiece. WHAT IS A BETTER CONVERSATION STARTER THAN A PRINTED OFF GIF IMAGE OF A TROPHY MADE HASTILY IN TEN MINUTES THAT SAYS, "HEY WORLD, I'M THE BEST COMIC ARTIST IN THE WORLD!" or "HEY MISS/SIR, I WON THIS AWARD. I AM A PRETTY BIG DEAL, AND SO WE SHOULD GO A COURTIN'!" 

Comic submissions are due at the end of the month, and I'll give out your trophies at the beginning of April. REMEMBER, no words. SHOWCASE your ingenuity. SHOWCASE your talent. SHOWCASE Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine.

WATTERSON CAN DO IT. YOU CAN TOO:

19860215.gif

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• WOOHOO! I WON! Though I think the other entries deserve high praise, (sniff), I would like to thank my dog, and, my mom...

Made my day.

• The coloring is just fine. Thank you for the submission... Perhaps you shall win the gold!
  • Here's an old one I did in '96. (Not crazy about the coloring, but hey... y'know?)

3884324386?profile=original

• BRIEN: I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND TALENT... CAN'T HAVE A COMPETITION WITHOUT THE COMPETITORS!!!

• Thanks for keeping these competitions coming, Sven!!  Really appreciate your time & talent.

This reply was deleted.