CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• Let's just hope they don't make Beast Boy and Cyborg a couple in "Teen Titans Go!" That show's ruining the "Teen Titans" franchise enough already! *shudder*
  • Ugh, seriously? This is why I want to write comics: nothing like that is EVER going to happen in my stories.

• Nice suggestions, Steve! --  yes, my intention was never to go the other route -- it would be a disaster (and wouldn't have been allowed, I'm sure).  However, my story is already written -- my structure all in place.  It's  the actual dialogue that I have left to write.  I'm simply telling the best story that I can.

The narrative spine is very simple;  DD, his senses compromised from a blow to the head suffered while being taken down by common muggers during the Mother-Of-All-Blizzards, must trek across a completely-shut-down NYC and back to save a young girl who is awaiting an organ transplant.

I  think I've found some really good metaphor opportunities within the story.

Thanks for the input!

Shalom,

Lee

3884338495?profile=original

Steve Crespo said:

"My only point is I would feel awful to write a character become saved only to have the next writer "unsave" him ... or write a very horrible idea of what it means to be saved."

Lee...

Unfortunately, that is EXACTLY what would happen.

Remember, Marvel is by no means committed to the Gospel, and the writers they employ each come with their own grievances, baggage, and biases. To write a saved character that belongs to an un-Christian (and at times anti-Christian) is to invite trouble.

My suggestion would be to place a character- here we are talking about Daredevil- in a situation, or crisis that would challenge his fundamental beliefs, and perhaps even lean that character towards a more Biblical moral framework without being explicitly Christian.

Maybe DD doesn't ever say "praise God", maybe he never mentions the name Jesus with his lips, but maybe he says it with his actions.

The trick is to fly under the anti-Christian radar, and make the character stand for Biblical principles.

Well... if I was working for a secular company, and writing about a secular character, that's what I'd do.

Anyhoo... just an idea.

Someone is gay at DC.
    DC Comics To Switch The Sexual Orientation Of An Established Character Who could it be?
  • "My only point is I would feel awful to write a character become saved only to have the next writer "unsave" him ... or write a very horrible idea of what it means to be saved."

Lee...

Unfortunately, that is EXACTLY what would happen.

Remember, Marvel is by no means committed to the Gospel, and the writers they employ each come with their own grievances, baggage, and biases. To write a saved character that belongs to an un-Christian (and at times anti-Christian) is to invite trouble.

My suggestion would be to place a character- here we are talking about Daredevil- in a situation, or crisis that would challenge his fundamental beliefs, and perhaps even lean that character towards a more Biblical moral framework without being explicitly Christian.

Maybe DD doesn't ever say "praise God", maybe he never mentions the name Jesus with his lips, but maybe he says it with his actions.

The trick is to fly under the anti-Christian radar, and make the character stand for Biblical principles.

Well... if I was working for a secular company, and writing about a secular character, that's what I'd do.

Anyhoo... just an idea.

• Here is a though, when developing a saved character that person may have to start out being saved and that is may have to be part of his/her uniqueness, essential to his/her character and so intertwined with the characters back story that his walk with Christ is iconic. Then it may be harder to write out. Its like saying we are going to script out superman being from krypton and remove the S from his chest. In all of the man of steel's revamping he still is from krypton and still has the S logo (in some form) --- But I'm not a DC fan so I may be incorrect.

Also @Lee great work! city skylines like the one you are showing are my week point. I can take a few pointers from you. I am impressed.

• it never ceases to amaze me how main stream comic editors think, act, and do. Steve your story concept is earth shattering (literally). Comics can have found it compelling to women drawn and portrayed women as objectified sex objects, compelling to make men sissyfied into being effeminate, compelling to make demons all powerful, and even compelling make character references to Satan himself as a main character... all the while finding it compelling in denying the majesty, wonder and power of our God. Hmmm. Sounds like the world needs some Godly heroes... sounds like this place needs some good Christian themed comics & graphic novels... WAIT! that's what WE are supposed to be doing! 

• I always thought it would be a great story to have Marvel's "Son of Satan" accept the Lord.

Son of Satan becoming a son of God, how great would that be?

I actually wrote that idea in about 20 years ago to an editor at Marvel, and got a letter back saying how they basically felt it wasn't compelling enough to fashion a story around.

WHAT?!

"If I may quote Gene Hackman playing Lex Luthor from the 1978 film "Superman"- "Oh Lord, you give them eyes, but they cannot see... Nor can Superman... Through lead."

Well, you get the idea.

• @RGsCents that is very true. I believe that thoughts like this are the essence of the fruits of the spirit. (caption: Maffett fights the urge but gives into his inner weekness and stirs the pot...again.)  >:-)

• Hey!  It's not too late until the last trumpet.  It's possible to write even a Green Lantern character coming to Christ.  (Not saying they will, but it is possible...)

• Wow... he really had me fooled.

3884338073?profile=original

This reply was deleted.