CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• was doing some I doing web comic research and came across a comic called dynagirl by redhanded studios. (as you guys know I am more of a fan of indie comics). I was drawn in by the art and started reading the story. And as you would know it the main character's room mate is a Lesbian. It will be interesting to see how the story plays out. The writer adds his notes that he wanted to present the lesbian character and that is a essential part of the character. I am interested in seeing how this pans out.

• I think this should be a good motivation to get our creations out there and depict good moral characters. At least its something Im concious of as I finish up Jackket Knightmare who is a 23yr old engaged to a woman virgin pastor that kicks demon behind. You think that would raise eyesbrows at DC and Marvel? :-D We are the light so let us shake off the dust of secular comics and share our comics or support the ones out there! I'm excited this is our opportunity lets take it up in Jesus name!
    Souba
  • @ Mel. lol. "Better fashion sense" that's too funny. I would start doing internet searches and posting all kinds of outlandish/flamboyant photos for costume ideas... but that would be crass (and I would have way too much fun).

• That sucks about Alan Scott. He's my fav GL since he seems to be the wiser "elder statesman" of the other GL's. And his character was written so well by Geoff Johns in Justice Society. But this gay Alan Scott is from Earth 2 and is younger and blah, blah, blah. Still a safe move for DC since Alan Scott is an obscure character that no one really cares about(except me..sniff..sniff).

Can i also say i think these new armor costumes that the Justice league wears now are hideous. I also don't like the Teen Titans new designs. As much as DC want to modernize these costumes, they look "dated". But I guess this new Alan Scott would have better fashion sense than I would....hee..hee...

• ... Its their(DC) comic, its their universe, its their character. They have the intellectual right to do what ever they want with it. But I have the right to be critical of what ever actions DC takes. It is now my prayer that Christian comic creators use the talent that God blesses them with to create EVEN greater stories. Stories where the Grace, majesty, wonder, power and compassion of our risen Savior is exampled, alluded, portrayed, exalted and the Word of our great Father is echoed. I pray that God give the Christian Comic creators the opportunity acclaim to inspire and counter the notoriety that this green lantern concept is causing.

• I'm sorry for the crass implication, but I can't help but wonder if there wasn't a little extra mischievousness at work, choosing a character with his particular weakness. 

• He's gay. It's official.

3884336566?profile=original

• I can't go with that, Buzz. 

For God, yes, what you say is exactly right. He exists outside of time. He is omnipresent.

But for angels/demons, they are created beings meaning they are part of creation. They exist within time. Their existence is a temporal one- not meaning they live and die as we do, but that they exist linearly as we do. What is past for us is past for them.

("Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time." -Rev.12:12)

• Yep. Okay. Thanks.

• Galatians 5:19-21

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

This reply was deleted.