CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Professional techniques, I've come to share mine

Hello, guys and gals.

I've been drawing for nearly 12 years, and have over the years aquired skills that I wish to pass on to my fellow artists.
I have a wide variety of skills and techniques, both basic and more advanced. Some of these these include:
* Bevel and embossing
* 3D colors
* Advanced 3D spriting
* Cartoonifying photos

In the next few days I will go over these 4 points in detail.

Let's start with bevel and emboss. Bevel and emboss is a really fancy photoshop tool that can make any drawign stand out and look professional.
It is used to give sprites a "psuedo 3D apperance". This is usefull if you wnat your sprites to really STAND OUT and show their personality through the flciker of a screen.
Use this method by going to: fx>Bevel & emboss.
From here you can set the characteristics of the effect, such as depth and direction, color and size.
Give it a try, I think you might just like it.

Here is an example of bevel and emboss used to make the sprite pop out.

pZHExx8.png

Notice how I made Noah a seperate object from the giraff, to make it look extra realistic.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Shalom! How's your side of the Vineyard? More grace? I'm worki ng on an Android app for teens and I'm looking forward to featuring a comic that would be in one of the columns. The comic may be a series that would be co ntinued weekly or otherwise. I dont know if you have anything.
  • Someone put all the Photoshop Cs5 Filters into an easy quick animation video.

Photoshop Cs5 Filters Animation

• I'd like to see more, perhaps the C mouth tutorial and the advanced hairing technique?

• These are definetly some techniques you'll need to know if you are going to become a professional cortoonist like myself. By the way, sorry for the lack of posts recently. I've been meaning to finish my tutorials, but I've been so preoccupied with school.

Clifford Johnson said:

I think he's shown some useful tips here.

Hello, guys and gals. I've been drawing for nearly 12 years, and have over the years aquired skills that I wish to pass on to my fellow artists.I hav…
  • Hi! Thanks, I'm glad you like what I have done here. I am not 12, I am over 20 years old. But I'm glad my cartoons still have that childish touch to them, I think that'll really appeal to kids and help spread the word of God.

Jonathan Orellana said:

what! how old are you 12

Hello, guys and gals. I've been drawing for nearly 12 years, and have over the years aquired skills that I wish to pass on to my fellow artists.I hav…
  • I think he's shown some useful tips here.

• It's nice to see you putting effort into posting on here, Arvid. You're a much better drawer than I, yet I feel the emboss effect is sort of a quick cheat instead of adding in the shading yourself. Well, that's just a thought, I'm sure to give this new effect a go.

This reply was deleted.