CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

•    Come to think of it... you know, I'm not so sure tongues were in cheeks on this.

If it were 1,000 people, maybe. I could see that. 5,000? Okay... but over 170,000?!

Nope. I am sure SOME people were tongue-in-cheek, but in no way is it possible that ALL were. That many. Nope.

I'd go so far to say that MOST were pretty serious about it. That is too many people to be a joke.

But what does that say about where the West is? 

I heard a missionary to England once say at a pastor's conference- yes, that's right... a missionary to England- he said that the U.K. was so POST-Christian that they are actually PRE-Christian.

The people as a whole are as un-Christian as a "Christian" country can be. The average bloke can't tell you about Christianity at all. (In fact, many believe that the U.K. will be a Muslim country within 30 years.)

The farther we stray from the Lord the farther we stray into foolishness.

•    Maybe.

By the way, if you want to join the official "International Church of Jediism"- which is based in the U.K., here's the site: http://www.churchofjediism.org.uk/main.html

They're looking for a few good padawans.

Here's a snippet of their beliefs: "We believe that we are all connected by the force, not just people but plants and animals too. It’s what binds us, so when we die we believe that much like your body goes into the soil to fertilize and make way for life, your soul and spirit give into the universe joining the flow of the force which joins us all. (There is no death there is the force.)"

A version of animism which is still practiced in various forms by hundreds of millions upon hundreds of millions of people worldwide. So, you shouldn't doubt people's sincerity, or laugh this stuff off. There's nothing new here... I mean, except for, you know, people wear Yoda ears, and stuff.

But hey... if people can believe that a genocidal, war-mongering, pedophile is a holy prophet of God... that a sci-fi religion started by a famed sci-fi writer is true, and all I need to do is become "clear" in order that my soul will be sent to a recycling center on another planet, and put into a glorified  reincarnated body as a "thetan" (whatever that is)... you know... I think people will believe in pretty much anything.

And I mean ANYTHING...

Tongues in or out of cheeks.

This reply was deleted.