CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Obama's America 2016

I just came back from seeing Dinesh D'Souza's "Obama's America 2016".

(http://2016themovie.com/)

3449076885?profile=original

Wow.

I really cannot recommend it enough. It is a thoughtful investigation on who Obama is ideologically, and seeks to uncover what he believes, and why he believes it.

No ad hominems, no hysteria, but a thorough look at his formative years, his parentage and family influences, and his political and theological mentors.

Man... whether you are for or against him you ought to see this film for the simple reason that- as the subtitle suggests- you really DON'T know him. (Because quite honestly, we were never allowed to know him.)

An amazingly important film.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•    Alright, a few things here. I'll be brief because I wanna start my weekend soon. (i.e., go home.)

"If you consider these women to be parasites and moochers, I've got three words for you: Don't. Go. There."

The people you know who are "in dire straits" are different from mine. (At least in the examples I gave.) The people you cited are/were productive people who were dealt a harsh hand by life- they had to care for their loved ones, and/or we let go from work.

The people I cited are uneducated, and can only hold the lowest end jobs. They have no interest in being educated, and in fact, have scorn for those who are. ("Oh, he thinks he's better than us" kind of garbage.) So, they drink from the government well, and are content to do so. I love these folks, they are my blood, but this is the case. ...In one case, the person is just flat out lazy, and when he had a job- usually given through a relative- he got fired for something completely stupid like running up bar tabs on the company dime, and using company vehicles for joy rides. ...I grew up in the Bronx, and that's how a lot of them roll.

Do you see the difference?

I have NO disdain for the poor. None. Life is filled with ups and downs, but I do have distain for those who CAN work, but don't... those who CAN better themselves, but don't.... those who CAN produce, but don't... but expect you and me to give them what we have earned instead.

There's a MASSIVE difference, Buzz.

"I know what Big Coal is capable of."

I love how you lovely progressive folks use "big" to describe something really Right-wing and scary. Big oil. Big pharma. Big coal. It's cute.

Have you ever tried big education? Big unions? Big government? ...Because I find those really scary.

That being said, in the second article I produced it seems that not only coal companies- which are of course evil by default, right?- are cutting jobs thanks to the current administration. I have been hearing for years that many companies were waiting for 2013 to make some decisions, depending on the administration. This is not a business friendly president. Me? I know nothing about business, but I know folks who run their own, and I read about others... the future is not looking good. 

Stay tuned for many, many more lay-offs.

"You're upset about Benghazi?  Can you document similar outrage over the mishandling of information that allowed 911 to happen? How about the dozen or so embassies & consulates attacked under GWB's watch & the scores of US personnel who died in those attacks?  How about Reagan letting a barracks full of Marines get blown up in Lebanon then retreating headlong from that country?  Care to show me the outrage you vented over that?"

I see. So, let me get this right... I can't be upset about the murder of U.S. citizens that happened weeks ago unless I am willing to be equally upset for every U.S. citizen to die by foreign hands since the Reagan administration?

Yeah. Okay.

Not only is that logically flawed it is a bait and switch. Nice try, Buzz.

Obama has blood on his hands, and he is trying to cover it up. And thanks to the lapdog media, he's getting away with it. Just like he is getting away with Fast and Furious. (More blood on his hands, by the way.)

But I have no right to be angry at a sitting president unless I am equally angry at every president before him.

Got it. Thanks.

I won't defend the Vietnam war, and the human corruption that saturates every institution out there, including the military. I know there are injustices. I know.

I know because the human heart is corrupt. That includes Republicans AND Democrats. (Good grief, don't get me started on the Green Party.) Humans are corrupt. From those who make the laws, to those who enforce them, heck... down to my daughter who tries to cover up how much candy she's eaten when she asks for more.

But in spite of the corruption, many want to serve out of duty and love for their country. Like my brother, and my nephew, and many others I know.

And it is foolish to think that no president, or any world leader can escape having blood on his hands. That is one of the prices of leading in a dark world with a fallen nature.

But that doesn't excuse Obama and the blood that he currently has on his hands. 

Who knows what lies ahead. The world is becoming increasingly scary. Obama's leadership has done nothing to appease those who hate us. In fact, they see him as weak. (Why else would our enemies prefer him over Romney? ...As if being preferred by Putin, Chavez, Castro, and the American Communist Party weren't bad enough.)

But.... it's a lost point. We'll just have to see, won't we?

Anyhoo, listen, Buzz. We'll never see eye to eye on stuff, at least not here. But someday we will, and if I never have the pleasure of meeting you here, we'll meet there... and smile at the smallness of our disagreements.

Thanks for your service, sir. I wish I had the same courage and character to sign up when I was young.

Unfortunately, I was a knuckle-head.

Peace.

Islamist: Obama Should Win,‘Baraka’ Means Blessing - Foreign Affairs
    A Sudanese opposition leader with links to al-Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood said he hopes Obama will get re-elected Tuesday.
  •    And the ball keeps rolling-

HOW MANY BUSINESSES HAVE ANNOUNCED CLOSINGS OR LAYOFFS SINCE OBAMA WON A SECOND TERM?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/how-many-businesses-have-announced-...

•    And covering up the murder of a U.S. diplomat and 3 other U.S. citizens, mocking people who claimed credit for building their own businesses, and urging people to vote out of revenge is?

Listen, there's enough stupid all around for everyone to have their fill... nope, what it comes down to is that the mindset of the country has changed. 

The leftist/progressive agenda that saturates every level of our school system, and our media has bred a culture that is no longer proud to be an American, or appreciative of the blessings we have that we so easily take for granted. We have raised a generation that no longer wants to tighten belts, or put their hands to the plow when things get tough. No, the hold their hands out waiting for them to be filled by an ever growing government... and that is okay with them.

We see crowds of brand junkies in Abercrombie clothing, Facebooking on their I-phones while they protest corporate greed, and demand things they have not earned from those who have earned it but are not allowed to keep the fruits of their labors.

That's where we are.

And as for that 47%... do you have poor or low income people in your family, Buzz? I'm curious, because I sure do, and do you know what I see? I see people that are uneducated by their own will and lack of interest in learning- who are more interesting in Oprah or Judge Judy than actually looking for work- and who play the game in order to get more stuff from the government. I see family member trying to look poorer to get more food stamps (take off the jewelry, and wear older clothing), and who get angry when their checks are late. I see people- my own blood- who are too lazy to walk from A to B, and too cheap to pay for a cab or bus, who call a state run assisted living service for folks with disabilities that will pick them up and drop them off for free. (This one person is my age- mid 40's- and able to get around.)

When we live in a country where 50% of the people pay NO income tax, and increasingly drink from the well that others fill... yeah, that's a problem. Free stuff is awfully addicting.

As someone said before, "when you rob Peter to pay Paul you can always count on Paul's vote."

On the same note, here's a very distressing article I just read- 

After Obama reelection coal company CEO reads prayer to staff, announces layoffs

For the chairman and chief executive of Murray Energy, an Ohio-based coal company, the reelection of President Obama was no cause for celebration. It was a time for prayer – and layoffs.

Robert E. Murray read a prayer to a group of company staff members on the day after the election, lamenting the direction of the country and asking: “Lord, please forgive me and anyone with me in Murray Energy Corp. for the decisions that we are now forced to make to preserve the very existence of any of the enterprises that you have helped us build.”

On Wednesday, Murray also laid off 54 people at American Coal, one of his subsidiary companies, and 102 at Utah American Energy, blaming a “war on coal” by the administration of President Barack Obama.”

Murray Energy is the country’s largest privately owned coal mining company, with about 3,000 employees producing about 30 million tons of bituminous coal a year, according to its Web site.

The company was the subject of an article in the New Republic that said the company had forced miners to attend a Romney campaign speech in southeastern Ohio in August. Murray denied the account. The New Republic also reported that Murray Energy employees have given more than $1.4 million to Republican candidates for federal office since 2007.

Murray has also been a target of environmentalists. Notably, the company has spilled coal slurry into a creek on seven different occasions.

Murray’s prayer from Wednesday first appeared on the Web site of the Intelligencer / Wheeling News-Register. The newspaper said Murray had supplied his text. The Post confirmed its legitimacy with a company spokesman, Gary M. Broadbent.

Here is the full text of the prayer:

Dear Lord:

The American people have made their choice. They have decided that America must change its course, away from the principals of our Founders. And, away from the idea of individual freedom and individual responsibility. Away from capitalism, economic responsibility, and personal acceptance.

We are a Country in favor of redistribution, national weakness and reduced standard of living and lower and lower levels of personal freedom.

My regret, Lord, is that our young people, including those in my own family, never will know what America was like or might have been. They will pay the price in their reduced standard of living and, most especially, reduced freedom.

The takers outvoted the producers. In response to this, I have turned to my Bible and in II Peter, Chapter 1, verses 4-9 it says, “To faith we are to add goodness; to goodness, knowledge; to knowledge, self control; to self control, perseverance; to perseverance, godliness; to godliness, kindness; to brotherly kindness, love.”

Lord, please forgive me and anyone with me in Murray Energy Corp. for the decisions that we are now forced to make to preserve the very existence of any of the enterprises that you have helped us build. We ask for your guidance in this drastic time with the drastic decisions that will be made to have any hope of our survival as an American business enterprise.

Amen.

...And it's only the beginning.

•    The election is over, and I think the wrong man won.

Sure, there is disappointment, but with a moment's reflection I am comforted with the knowledge that it all belongs to the Lord.

He is in control. He sets up leaders, and He pulls them down, and not one atom in the universe exists that is not held together in Him.

The beauty of our Faith is that our Father never demands that we lose our minds- our independence of thought. Though our minds are renewed and transformed, we are still who we are. We are allowed our personal preferences, and the freedom of coming to our own conclusions.

The debate we had in this thread was a healthy one. Some would call it "in-fighting", but that misses the entire point. We are free in Christ to disagree, but we are not free to condescend or disrespect each other. We are NOT free to NOT love one another.

Love is the point. Let us disagree, and do so with vigor and passion, but let us NEVER lose sight of love.

The debating here- with few exceptions- was respectful, as it should have been, and the brothers I disagree with I will always hold as brothers. Family.

After all, and above everything else, we are Christians when it is all said and done. 

It was not all "for nothing". The clash of ideas in search of what is right is never "for nothing". It is how we grow intellectually, and I hope everyone who participated came out with a few new facets to their thinking and opinions.

So, we'll see what is in store for our country as the next four years unfold, but no matter what it is I know two things: This is not my home, and He is in control.

There is peace in that.

God bless.

• Well that settles it, all that in-fighting amongst each other over the greater of two evils was for nothing, and to those that voted for the bad guy don't worry your votes were more than likely not counted anyways.

oh yeah, here's the two millionaire's thanking the delusions for giving them even more money to campaign in something that had already been decided..

Let's see if President Obama breaks FDR's record.

Romney's winks to the puppeteers for allowing him to be part of the illusion we call democracy.

Hey at least Putin can rest assured President Obama has more flexibility now..

• Joshua 24:15

15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Vote for your local admin and local laws those are the things that will impact you the most.

@Ralph, Dr. Evans would be right if he said what you said, "A percentage of the taxes during the time of Jesus went to Ceasar as an homage, however in order pay to for Roman expansion, a percentage of the taxes went to pay for military, roads, and harbors." But that's not what he said he said the reason people paid taxes was for "Services Rendered." Yeah the Romans provided a service but that was for it's own empires sake & well-being, it was Caesar's world you just happened to life in it, and not for the people Rome was occupying. What Dr. Evans is doing is twisting scripture to get his congregation/people to get behind/support the Government, which is exactly the same thing the Nazi's were doing, which is wrong. We don't look to the government for clean streets & self defense, local moderation, or self-control for that matter. No we as Christians have an obligation to be self-reliant on Yahweh as our source and strength and in knowing what to do in handling situations. Keeping things clean & tidy, helping those around us, and sharing the gospel to all nations preaching on love and charity. Besides that the 2nd amendment's all about self-governance; and the right to protect that from any overbearing tyrannical government that should arise, as opposed to relying on it for services rendered.

Looks like the fix is in..

• From "The Sacred Sandwich". (http://sacredsandwich.com/archives/8251)

Funny stuff.

3884398011?profile=original

• TODAY IS THE DAY, FOLKS!

Be sure to vote! ...Oh sure, I know you all would prefer to vote for Jesus rather than either of the two on the ballot, but until He IS on the ballot we will just have to make lemonade with the lemons we have been given, yes?

• Taxes paid did not go exclusively to Ceasar.  I went to several sites on Roman taxation and of course, a few history books.  A percentage of the taxes during the time of Jesus went to Ceasar as an homage, however in order pay for Roman expansion, a percentage of the taxes went to pay for military, roads, and harbors.  Just as taxes paid in modern society go to roads and military.  Of course, the citizens use these roads to conduct commerce and have to pay for expansion and maintenance.  So Dr. Evans was not wrong in saying that taxes were used for paying for services, such as roads and harbors.  To quote President Obama, "You didn't build that."

Alika Parsons said:

He's got a problem with having a modern view on a biblical story as opposed seeing the story in it's original context. Taxes of the day had nothing to do with goods and services. Jerusalem was under an occupation. Caesar wasn't providing services to the people, you paid Caesar his tax because he was a god and you owed him being under his rule. To skew it the way he's doing it, is wrong.

Christian's should pay taxes because it's what authority has made into law. Not because of the volunteer military's duty or the public servant policemen, firemen, etc.. He is right we should be representatives of Christ and vote how the Holy Spirit leads, but remember our popular vote does not elect the President the Electoral College's Elector's do.

2016: Obama's America

Moses said:

This is an absolutely AWESOME message on what Christians should consider when voting.  Just wanted to share it here, as I believe it could be of help to our discussion and at the very least it's a sermon with some good WORD.  God bless everyone as we prepare to vote in this election.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/the-alternative/player/the-alter...

• Black Box Voting : (CO) 11/2012 - COLORADO SETS THE STAGE FOR A BOG....

Here's just some check link for the others:

3. Sec. State Gessler also decided to reduce the number of seals on voting machines,(2) to the chagrin of election integrity groups like Voter Action, whose investigations and litigation demonstrated vulnerabilities requiring the seals in the first place. The "cost savings" in this measure can be counted in pennies.

6. Romney's business buddies owning Colorado's main voting machine company demonstrates, at the very least, an appearance of impropriety, but it carries with it something more: Actual opportunity to alter results.

Unlike most Diebold voting machine locations, whose county technicians set up each election using voting company software, Hart has its customers send files directly to Texas, where its programmers and technicians have their way with the files, sending them back to the counties to put in their voting machines. This centralized control point does in fact enable tampering with results from a remote location. Paper ballots? Well, not all Colorado counties even have them, but thanks to Donetta Davidson and her cronies, they are off limits for human examination and will be interpreted only by the Hart machines.

The Hart system has built-in secret functions in its system, discovered by researchers in the Everest Study commissioned by then-Ohio Sec. State Jennifer Bruner. "Undocumented functions" are accessed through the registry, geek territory for most of us but accessible by any administrator. Voting systems are supposed to be certified and they are not supposed to contain "undocumented functions" accessible through sophisticated built-in back doors into the registry. These are certainly not accidental and not even the researchers for the EVEREST study were able to determine what these functions do.(7)

7. Loosey-goosey absentee system combines with obstruction of observation: Half of all ballots in Colorado are likely to be cast absentee, due to the implementation of not only no-fault absentee, but active promotion of "permanent" absentee status by Donetta Davidson's Colorado Clerks Assocation. With "permanent absentee" they send ballots even if they were not requested, and following a tussle, they also send ballots to people who didn't request them who haven't voted for years. Seems like a prescription for insider-driven absentee fraud (where an elections worker exploits names of inactive voters to insert ballots into the pool).

This reply was deleted.