CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

New policy on CCAS website?

It used to be that a new topic would be put at the top of the list.  Now it seems that only those that receive replies get there---which, for me, means that many topics, inquiries, etc. get lost in the shuffle unless you already know to dig through the lists.  I believe the former setup was better, and hope the webmaster(s) considers this.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• THANK YOU ADMINS!

This is much more intuitive and warms the heart. I can see multiple discussions at a glance and don't have to go digging!

Thank you thank you thank you!

• It's definitely not set up the way it was several months ago and previously.  Why change a format that clearly worked best?  Phase III (now) is better than Phase II (what was for the past month or two), but still not as good as Phase I. 
  • Hmm. I can check with our webmaster, but I'm not sure how much flexibility the Ning templates give us. We could try increasing the front page preview of latest posts from 4 to a higher number, but there's still a limited amount of space on the front page to work with.

However, if you want a full list of all discussions listed in recent order, go to the page for the forums and change the drop down options to be "View: Discussion" (rather than "View: Categories") and it should give you a full page list of all the latest conversations. (I think this link should take you straight to that list: http://christiancomicart.ning.com/forum/topic/list )

• Hi CCAS...

I'm really struggling with this new format.

In order to find this specific post, I had to think...ok what was it named, and what category would it possibly fall under...

When I click the view all button to find the additional categories - the top 3 posts that come up are a year old or older from the venerable Buzz Dixon.

Even if highlighting the "latest post" is the preferred option, would it be possible to list 15 to 20  of the latest posts/discussions instead of just 4? And if that is an issue because it bumps the "Blog posts" down below to be less prominent - then maybe move to a side by side format - Latest discussions on the left, and blog posts on the right. From what I see, essentially a format change needs to be done. Of course the issues become: Can the template tolerate changes, and where do you put the content. i.e. Your code of conduct, or the CCI feed...

If you guys want any help figuring out the layout, and how to place the content, I can help. It looks like CCAS is running on what seems to be a 980px width, so placing the content shouldn't be an issue - it's just a matter of how.

I really, really appreciate all your hard work, and do love the new paint. I just find I no longer seem to be participating as much as I used to (if at all)...though I really want to.

Thanks for creating such a unique and wonderful place on the interwebs. Will be off the Comix35 event in Quebec next week, I'll report back as to how it goes.

Cheers.
    Martin

• That's a relief! 

Now to all those whose posts got lost in the shuffle, I hope you'll respond to your own message so that we can see them again.  For instance, I know that Lisa Hutchinson announced something, but it got submerged in the mix.  I'll try to find it, but hope she'll bump it up to the top so we can see it again.

• We appreciate your feedback.

The change was mostly a trial to see what would work best.

The conscensus at the moment seems to be that highlighting the "Latest" posts on our frontpage is the preferred option.

Thanks,

• Hi guys. Speaking as one of the assistant admins, I know there's been a lot of work being done behind the scenes during the last round of site updates, and that may have changed the way posts get displayed on the front page. If the side effect of this is to make it harder for users to navigate, that's something we'll need to fix. Give me a chance to get in touch with our webmaster and see what can be done, and we'll get back to you on this. Thanks!

• I sent a private email to Scott Shuford the day I mentioned him in the post, and today sent a note to the website administrator about this very real problem that squelches the bulk of new discussions and requests that disappear from view before they can even elicit a response.  
  • And why are year old blog posts showing up?

Maybe there was a recursion? Did the site revert backwards to an older format - even though it has a fresh coat of paint?

• I'll add - since I can no longer access the articles like a I did before, I find it a nuisance digging through the "archived" content - and I have no idea generally what topic the article/post was in in the first place, so when I see list of topic choices I just leave, since I don't want to go digging...was it here? no...go back here? no... go back...here? Couldn't be bothered.

Martin

This reply was deleted.