CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

New here!

Hi I'm new here as the topic says. I want to become a comic writer one day and hope to make a hero Christian comic enjoyable by believers and non-believers alike. I'm still in high school but I believe God is guiding me to write comics. Nice meeting you all!P.S. To Gerry Lee, Hi its me jayfeather.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Kevin,

My wife just bought me the book "The Art and Craft of Writing Christian Fiction" by Jeff Gerke, founder of Marcher Lord Press.

Obviously I haven't read it yet, but I have flipped through it and it looks great. Could be a useful resource for you.

Welcome to the site, brother!

• Thank you all so much for welcoming me with open arms I am looking forward to our time together.
  • If you haven't already read them Scott McCloud's, 'Understanding Comics' and 'Making Comics' are must reads.  They're actually very enjoyable and easy to read.

• Welcome to the CCAS man! It's a blessing to have you... I'm sure you'll find plenty of mentors and people to learn from here. If ever you feedback on your ideas and writing I'd be glad to help.

• Hello Kevin! Welcome to the CCAS! This is a great place to be. There are industry pros like Buzz Dixon, veteran mentors like Tony Snipes, a whole range of people gifted by God from fans, amateurs, aspiring creators, even professionals. It's great to have you here! I will be sending you a PM about our project.

Be well, be blessed!

Gerry

This reply was deleted.