CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Knowing God's will for your life?

I am really having a hard time figuring out God's will for my life and wether or not that I can even obtain His will for my life due to my situation.Back in 2002 I was up for a pastorial position in a local church and my wife at the time had an affair and basically left me. Needless to say it shattered my life.In 2003 I met my present wife and we have been married now for almost four years. I love her greatly but I do feel that we are going against scripture that states to remarry is adultery. One reason I feel this way is because I don't hear God anymore and another reason being that since we have married it has just been one tribulation after another. I really don't know what to do. I still seek God. I try to have at least an hour a day of quite time but I hear nothing and I have no direction for my life.Just trying every opition I know how and seeing if anyone here has any Godly guidance. Thanks.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dude you have issues. Please go find another thread to be higher then thou on.

Whine whine whine. "Then"?

• You just had to take one more shot. Sure hope you never get in a position where you need mercy because remember what you give is what you will receive.
  • Dear Will,

It's Late Saturday Night, and I am wondering where you are and if you are all right?

God bless you and your family,
    Gerry
    • Well, we have one more week and then we will be homeless pretty much. God still has not opened up any doors. No jobs no money and no opportunities. Keep us in your prayers because I have no idea where we are going to live after Christmas.

God's will for your life is for you to receive forgiveness of your sins and welcome Jesus as your personal savior. Jesus paid for your sins.

"I already did that."

Well, do it again.

To remarry is adultery? Jesus says so. But, so, what about it? Receive forgiveness, and get on with your current marriage. Man up.

"I hear nothing and I have no direction for my life."

Get a job, pay your bills, treat your wife right, do acts of mercy, and wait for death to come, if the Lord doesn't return first.

I love it in that movie The Kid where Bruce Willis says "Somebody call a waaah-mbulance."

Jesus wept.

• And how do you exactly just get a job without God opening up that opportunity. I am really getting kind of tired of hearing that. That is not a solution. It isn't that I am not looking for a freaking job but God still has to provide it.

Again if you have nothing better to say then I am whinning please don't post anything. This is not helping me at all.
  • Hi Bro.Will,
    I really feel for you, I would like to add my 2 cents worth here...
    Ok 1st off the bat, if your former wife stepped out on you then you have had grounds for divorce, but hey I do not wish to go over old ground. What I see reading between the lines is this Bro. and I will make the Statement... Brother take your foot off your neck! I see you are beating yourself up over something that you did not do, and as a result you are seeing everything in a negative light that causes you to act negatively and thus you have self-fulfilling Prophecy.
    Throw into that our ever so prominent 'Fruit Inspectors' I think you and them are putting yourselve through the mill and not the Lord.
    If your sins are under the blood brother there is no record of them in heaven.. see 1 John1:7 also Psalms 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us,,
    Brother all this legalism on divorced people frankly burns me up, oh by the way I have been married for 34 years by the Grace of God! I could go into the scriptures on this topic but I do not think this is the place to do so, but brother I would urge you to love your wife and children for all your worth, together seek Gods direction and set out together to discover His Will. Hold on to Phillipians 3:13 and launch out.
    If you ever need to talk confidentially I am available for you bro. and anyone else come to that. I have been in ministry for over 25 years and currently I am a Chaplain so brother I have heard all the arguments and scripture twisting, so nothing phazes me!
    Get up, dust yourself down and crack on brother both of you... will be praying for you..
    Proverbs 3:5
    • Well it is hard for me not to look at the negative when that is all the fruit my tree is bearing. We need God and it seems He isn't budging. Maybe it is me but the fact is that scripture speaks for us not to worry about tomorrow and God will provide but we have a week and then we will be homeless. If something doesn't change quick then I don't know what we are going to do.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.
  • Dear Will,

How are things going? I hope God is working on that housing problem mightily. You are surely on all our minds, and in our prayers.

God bless you,
    Gerry
This reply was deleted.