CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Greetings! New to the Society!

Hello,

Just joined. Wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Was working on a script for a TV series concept I was developing, then thought it would make a good comic book as well. So I decided to kick the idea around with some people I currently work with, and wanted to find some Christian artists who might want to illustrate the project.

Why a comic book? Well, all movies and TV shows typically get story-boarded for conceptual and directoral reasons. A comic is a great way to introduce the story to prospective producers.

I own Who North America (we sell Doctor Who product online at http://www.whona.com), and although that is my business, I have a creative side that I enjoy pursuing from time to time. I've written one Doctor Who-related title and programmed one Atari 2600 game cartridge. I'm not an illustrator or comic artist, but would love to know who are some of the exceptional Christian comic artists who might enjoy working on a project like this.

The series concept is in the vein of Buffy/Smallville/Roswell (teen angst played against a series of extreme situations, in this one alien infiltration). No superpowers, but alien technology.

The series has no sex or profanity. The main character, a teen, struggles in his family life with an alchoholic father, but is one of the only ones to discover the alien presence in their small town. He has few people he can turn to as the town becomes infiltrated, but he does have a youth minister he can seek advice from.

The series is sci fi, it is not an allegory nor is it an attempt at theology. It is NOT about "ancient aliens" or any of that fluff. But it does include Christian characters attempting to make moral choices in a world of gray.

I'm open to suggestion; would prefer published comic illustrators.

Keith Bradbury

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have had several people contact me about doing art. However, I have not had anyone comfortable after showing the style of art I am looking for (realistic, lighting, silhouettes, etc). This image is not representative of the content, but it is stylistically what I am pursuing. This is a largely dramatic character-driven sci fi project...

3884464308?profile=original

• Here is the revised, edited, and for the most part completed script.

Perigrin Chronicles, Ep. 1: The Day They Arrived

Again, would love input, would certainly entertain concept art pitches and am committed to a comic version of this.

• Thank you folks for writing!

Christina, I will definitely take a look. I will likely post a segment of the script at some point in the near future. I'm finishing my first workthrough, then I really want to do a complete re-read in one sitting and make certain I am not facing any continuity errors. I'm looking forward to seeing your work.

• Keith,

I would be interested in your story. I usually work in a Fusion style, a blend of Manga and traditional American style comics. I am a published comic illustrator as I've worked on projects such as "New Nephilim" (non-Christian) for Rick in NY (2011), "The Overcomers" graphic novel (currently in movie production)  (2009-current) and "Knight Lands" promotional (2010) for Howard Kent in CA, "Technoboy" promotional (non-Christian) for Karl Dabney from St. Louis MO (2013), "The Watchers" by Crown Comics (2009). The authors I've worked with are all self-published. I do also have some of my own personal works as well. Feel free to check out my page or if you would like examples of my other works, I'd be happy to supply them or send me a message with any questions you may have. Thanks!

• Keith,

Sounds interesting. I wish you the best with it!

Welcome to the group!

...Steve.

This reply was deleted.