CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• I use Kablam. it is print on demand, so you don/t need a lot fo money upfront, and they can sell your comics for you in their online store, indyplanet.

Kablam gives you a better price than Createspace for full color comics.

• I used Kablaam for my 8 page comic, and thought the quality was terrible. The printer left lines on a lot of the colors as if their printer ran out of ink. There was also white around the edges of some of the covers as if the alignment was way off for cutting the pages.

That was my only printing experience, so I can't really recommend anything else, but from what I've seen, Createspace has good quality print.

• I used Kablam; it's print on demand, so I didn't have to have any money upfront, and I liked the quality of their prints.

• I had a hard time trying to get the format right on Createspace's uploader. I am more of a writer but no artist is going to illustrate my comics right away, so I have done everything myself included the dreaded coloring-haha. But Createspace makes it impossible to understand unless you already know how to design. I don't. It is exceedingly frustrating. 

• Thank you. That is wisdom. I have the worst time trying to break into the Christian genre field, in music and in literature. I was wondering how to protect my work. That is great to know.

Michael R. Webb said:

1. Copy & save your final drafts on a flash drive & in your email. Use U.S. copyright office online. It's cheaper & processed faster than by mail. Send it w/ the money, you are legal. Keep flash drive & email
    2. Copyright your files in Visual art
    comics printed
    I was wanting to know where I can go to get some of my christian comics ideas printed and published. I have a lot of ideas but I have not finished th…
  • 1. Copy & save your final drafts on a flash drive & in your email. Use U.S. copyright office online. It's cheaper & processed faster than by mail. Send it w/ the money, you are legal. Keep flash drive & email
    2. Copyright your files in Visual art
  • Copyright online it's faster & cheaper. You can copyright like 10+ things under one name. Copyrighting mailing literally take years and sometime worst
  • 1. Pray 2. Copyright your own ideas & materials first. Not everyone is A Christian who says it. 3. Ask God for wisdom & to connect you to the right people. 4. Look up any Christian comic who prints your style 4. Look up Outskirtspress & Thomas Nelson
  • I use www.ka-blam.com to publish my comics...they do take a good while to get the first copies but they do work with independent comic book stores and they have a lot of options for a lot of things. They are solely an indie comic book publishing company.

• ONE DAY ONLY!!!http://amazon.com/The-Whole-Armor-Truth-ebook/dp/B00CLJLTZI/ My comic is now free until the end Wednesday. ..download it now and leave a review thanks

PS I USE COMIXPRESS.COM GREAT PRICES

This reply was deleted.