CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• I'm more in line with this line of thinking

Ian Buchanan said:

I think its less about Political correctness and more about adopting a model of moral relativism in storytelling in general. Which is a double edged issue I think. Sure it adds more depth to antagonists and makes protagonists more "real" but it also blurs the moral line and makes it harder for readers to disern what is a morally just action. Politically more comics are moving to the American left, so if this effects you then thats something to consider. As a left wing Scotsman I think both left and right wing American politics is crazy anyway so its just another layer of fantasy to me lol.

Comics of the 21st century.
    I heard comic books nowadays are becoming less good versus evil, and more politically correct. My question is: How sensible is this in todays comics,…
  • I think its less about Political correctness and more about adopting a model of moral relativism in storytelling in general. Which is a double edged issue I think. Sure it adds more depth to antagonists and makes protagonists more "real" but it also blurs the moral line and makes it harder for readers to disern what is a morally just action. Politically more comics are moving to the American left, so if this effects you then thats something to consider. As a left wing Scotsman I think both left and right wing American politics is crazy anyway so its just another layer of fantasy to me lol.

• Marvel comics has been bought by Disney. Disney has a none Christian agenda. They buy up anything that has to do with kids and popular media. Then force their magic and sorcery ideals down our throats.  

• I usually have to be more cautious when i select a comic. Marvel doesnt have as much quirks with recent issues, but i still have to be more alert. I usually check the ratings before i dive in. 

• In recent years, comic books have become more and more unGodly. It's all very sad. This is why (I think, anyway) it's vital to share the Gospel message through comics.

This reply was deleted.