CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• Miss Adams,

Medical treatment for biochemical imbalances in the brain isn't an endorsement of any world view whatsoever. God made you, your mind, heart, soul, and body. A body can get sick. You can try to pray away a broken arm, and I believe God can heal that, I truly do. But I believe this isn't normative in most lives. Consider a man who loses a leg doesn't usually walk. A person who is suffering a depletion of biochemical transmitters in the brain can feel physically depressed or suffer other powerful physical sensations usually associated with emotion. Medicines don't make you stoned or high or mess with your free will or spirituality, in my experience and opinion. But everyone's lives are different. Some people claim they are freed from all addictions the moment they are saved. For many others, the struggle against sin is life long. Likewise, some are healed instantly of their illnesses and frailties, and others are not, but must take a harder path.

I do pray you will be healed by God's mercy and love, whichever options you accept or discard.

• I will keep you in my prayers. 

• :-)

And no, I do not believe my sister here has "bipolar disorder." She sounds pretty normal because I recognize all the symptoms she is describing.  This has been me in a nutshell and the grace of Christ is more than enough because by his stripes we are healed.

Still praying for you, K.G.!

Consider seeing a Christian counselor or Celebrate Recovery Ministry in your area instead because THOSE actually helped me more than any psychiatrist pill-pusher that tries to fix supernatural problems with chemicals. I'm not against ALL man-made medicine but it should be a last resort.

• Everything Tazia said.

• I've had panic attacks, not fun but it was all rooted back in fear and a lack of trust in God in certain areas.  I have to take the lies I started believing and replace them with truth with God's word.  Also knowing that I am not alone in this. Make sure you are taking time for your Bible reading, prayer and thanksgiving every day (I BLAST my worship music).  If I got too focused on myself and my problems then the panic and suicidal depression/self-pity will flood in. Do you also have spiritual fellowship?

He who is in you is greater than he that is in the world. Pills cannot ever replace that. (Sorry, I'm skeptical of psychiatry as it is. People tried to get me on pills and I just refuse because it does not get to the root of the matter).

When you feel yourself panicking or getting depressed, STOP, and take a moment to write down the thoughts that go through your head.  Our feelings always happen a as result of our thought life/meditation because as a man thinks, so is he. ISOLATE those thoughts and bring them into submission before God.  That is the discipline of self-control he teaches us because Satan wages war on us through our minds, sending all kinds of fiery darts, impulses and lies to our brains.

We can pray for you, sis but you also have to do your part and put yourself in a position of cooperation with God too. Also consider fasting if you have a persisting problem with this.  I actually did a fast and it broke the suicidal depression off me. I pray for your time with God when you go to meet with him.  When you do this, please update us one how it's going.  You MUST have that time with God every day or you will get defeated all the time.

• I will be praying for you.

• Thanks. We don't know if I have bipolar disorder or not yet, but I have been doing much better.

Dan Lee said:

Praying.  I deal with the same thing and fight it without meds.  It's definitely not easy.  Just remember that God doesn't give you a spirit of fear.  Send me a message if you need anything.

Anxiety Attacks Back
    I'm having severe anxiety again. It's even interfering with my ability to write and draw. My psychiatrist wonders if I might have Bipolar a Disorder…
  • Praying.  I deal with the same thing and fight it without meds.  It's definitely not easy.  Just remember that God doesn't give you a spirit of fear.  Send me a message if you need anything.

• Thank you so much.
  • Praying for you, KG.

This reply was deleted.