CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Oprah & Friends teach course on NEW AGE "Jesus"

Hey all, another update from Prophesy News Watch, that I find interesting, to say the least, that Satan is desperate to fool people, here is the link to the site that explains the article, please read it so that all of you Oprah fans will understand what this means and please as the Lord says, Be wise as serpents but gentle as lambs because this is just a testament to the times in which we live.http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/007/smith-oprah.htm

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Christina,

Thank you for sharing this bit of "heresy" with the rest of us. Remember that the Bible teaches that in the last days there will be deceivers attempting to sway the "church" from the truths of Jesus Christ. We must always be aware of what is taking place on the horizon, for the enemy is out in full force, and not just in the form of a horned, cloven-hooved, pitchfork-toting devil, but in many forms, even the form of a person who will allow herself to be used in such evil ways. The impact of this news should be enough to shake the churchworld, but sadly, the church is slowly been lulled to sleep with the secular world-view that has infiltrated the lives of believers whom have "let-up". As Jesus so profoundly put it, "Pray, lest ye enter into temptation."

Brother Craig
    • Well, to answer your question on "The Golden Compass" I went to watch it, and though there has been much debate over "God getting killed" in the movie, when we went to watch it, I didn't see no place where God was supposed to be killed, obviously it had been toned down so much from the athiest's book because of blatant stating there is no God type of thing, the movie yes, seemed more toned to kids, but with a whole Narnia feel and style. All over the only entertaining aspect of the movie was when the Bear knocked the other's jaw off, other than that, it was alright, but the ending totally destroyed what little interest I held in it, I know they left the ending the way it was because they are more than likely planning a sequel or more. I basically thought that this is the common Kids' VS Adults theme, where half the adults are bad or have bad soul-companions, or w/e they were called. To me the actual Compass in the movie was like a truth holder or a future seeing device, eh, I don't really have an opinion the movie which I thought would be a blast at first, turned out to be poot, so, lol honestly I think ppl freaked out just a little TOO much over the movie.

Craig,

I do agree, but I figured that ppl needed to know, so that they would also be wary :D
      • yeah i havent seen it. but with all the debates, i went to the forum on IMDB, and talked to some people. and also looked up stuff about pullman and his hatred of NARNIA.

what i dont get with LEWIS is. alot of people think that he is preachy, and whatever. but its clear that you can like narnia without looking for christian tones.

also, random, but when i was talking to all these young atheists, and they were all about "its nice to make your own rules, God doesnt exsist..."

those people are EXACTLY who lewis was. he was raised in a church, didnt like it, and at 15 he became atheist. and lived that way for 16 YEARS!! i just think thats crazy. but i also have alot of respect for the guy, cause that is one heck of a story.

apparently its the 2, 3rd book that start getting into the contraversial stuff. but yeah, i am all for creative thinking, cause i feel god is a very creative person. i mean, look at the world!!!

do you recommend the movie for someone who hasnt read the books? just curious, cause i am still interested in seeing it.
        • Well, for me the ending ruined it, honestly, but it has quite a few cute/funny parts, I love character Pen and the Polar Bear, forgot his name, and the Jackrabbit with Sam Elliot is funny, but I give it a rating of 7 out of 10, so it's pretty good, but, like I said, the way the ending is, it really shatters the interest, or did for me that is. Your choice tho, lol.
  • thats crazy.

man.

the biggest issue with this and with all of this new stuff, is people trying to "change the rules" or trying to justify things by totally making up " there is no sin."

once they convince themselves of that, its soooo easy to live a sinful life.

come on oprah.

:(
    • Yes, I know, that is what I thought, as well as the blatant evidence that the other woman heard a voice telling her that it was Jesus and to take notes and then saying those things as in there is no sin, Jesus died for nothing, etc---- NOT, lol, I don't think so! That is a plain-as-the-nose-on-your-face evidence that Satan is deceiving and working is evilness and for an "Icon" like Oprah to be deceived by this....*shakes head* tsk tsk, but this just goes to show the times we are in and what is happening and how this is going to affect all the Oprah fans and younger generation with the embracing of the "New Age" stuff, that is walking on thin-ice to me.
      • yeah.

personally, religions started AFTER i was born are not something historically i am really interested in.... lol/

my friends and i were talking about that tonight also, and the whole golden compass thing too.

what is your take on that?
This reply was deleted.