CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
I've been studying Genesis with my wife recently, and going through the verses about Isaac giving his blessing to Jacob has me wondering, what exactly is a blessing in this context? (or in other places Biblically where blessings are given?) Is this just a prayer for good things to happen to an individual, or is there something more?I'm curious to know a little more about what a blessing means in this context, and why it was something considered so important to Jacob.Thanks!

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In praying a blessing over his son Jacob, Isaac had confidence that God would perform as His Word promised. Isaac didn't just "hope" God would continue to provide for his descendants, but he "knew" that his God would "supply all his needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus"!!! Along with the wanting "things" for his children, Isaac hoped to impart into Jacob's life the truths of God, and give Jacob something to carry to his children and his children's children. A real inheritance is the inheritance of the legacy of godliness. This was what Isaac may have had in mind. Salvation is of Christ, but it is up to you and me to pass it's message along to those coming behind.

Be encouraged my friend.

Brother Craig
    []
This reply was deleted.