CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Let's get to know each other, shall we?

Hi there,I noticed no one's started any discussions here, so I thought I'd go ahead and be the first. Why don't we introduce ourselves and find out why we're here.I'm Robin White, and I'm from New Brunswick, Canada. I'm a missionary to Japan, but in a "previous life" I was a graphic designer. I've been drawing and reading comics since I was a kid, of course, and currently have some humour work online at www.skitzoman.com. I'm hoping to do something that proves I actually can draw, someday, and something with more plot and depth. In time I hope that I can use comics and other creative arts in ministry.Who else is on here, and what are you up to?

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Welcome to the group!
    • Welcome to the group!
  • Justice Carmon here. New to the forums and just started writing, been a comics fan for years, but now seeking to expand into writing a 1) Christian SF novel 2) Christian supers RPG. In the second case, I should probably say "Christ-friendly" RPG, since parables will be Player Character driven.

I am so amazed at how many also see the need to be salt and light by entering the industry because I believe the Lord used my love for certain aspects of superheroes to teach me the truth in my heart before my head and will would accept it.

Currently, I am astonished at the Green Lantern corps and their re-boot. From being "lanterns" to having a "corps" to the exorcism of Hal Jordan and the undertones of sacrificing homeland for being a "chosen guardian" of what is good and true, I think we have the best parable for Christian discipleship we could have. (Even OA = Omega & Alpha, the Lord of Creation reversed initials.)

But I've loved everyone from Michael golden and Mike Ploog and Mike Grell to Yenil Lu, George Perez and John Byrne.

I hope to spread the gospel directly and indirectly, just like Jesus did.

I also am from Mississippi, so I know Roland & Steve from WAAAY back, and from Memphis, so I know where White Station is - keep it up, pastor!

my daily blog: http://justicecarmon.blogspot.com (all about Christian growth and sueprheroes)
  • Howdy to all!

I found CCAS badge in my friend's MySpace page and decide to join. I joined here about couple weeks ago. My name is Josh Heusinkveld, married with a four year old daughter, sound & light operator at my church and my dad is pastor of Immanuel Community Reformed Church almost past twenty years coming up in August.

I've been slow developing to find my own style through my drawings. I started with a Western “American” comic style; then try out on to a Manga “Japanese” style for while. Now I'm trying doing something different that is a combination of the both styles. Mostly like Jeff S. Campbell + Michael Turner = my style. I learns so much materials, short cuts and very unique techniques from “how to do” books. Pretty much everything I learned about drawing comics taught me from books. I still practices, slow develop and improving my talent at one small step at time.

Check out my homepage at http://www.freewebs.com/bluepencil/
  • Hey all! My name is Josh. My wife and I just started our own publshing company. We'll be focusing on comics at the start. All of our comic series will have Christian undertones, if not overtones. We'll be distributing them online initially with the intention to either procure a publisher for the printed versions, or get ourselves into a situation where we can print them ourselves.

My wife (Kasandra) has her own fantasy universe that she developed ever since she was a young teen in Germany. I tend to focus more on historical stuff and action/adventure.

Having this company was a bit unexpected--meaning we always wanted one, we just never expected to have on so soon. But things just fell into place, we were blessed with one artist after another interested in working with us (when they herd of our stories), and all of a sudden we had our company :-) We are very excited to be in the position we're in, and we hope that our comics will make a difference to the people who read them.

Thanks CCAS for starting up this online community!
  • Hey all--
    My name is Eric Lee- I am the Animation Ninja (read: Director) at a faith-based production house in Tulsa, OK called Steelehouse Productions (www.steelehouse.com). I recently began venturing into the realm of webcomics (after being a fan for quite sometime of various others) and I am now looking to begin expanding my readership of my own comic- hence, how I stumbled upon CCAS. If you all get a chance, check out my webcomic at www.boodachitaville.com . Though it isn't specifically a "Christian" comic, comic topics usually include pop culture, politics, and religion. Glad to see there's a good-sized community like this online. I'll be out at Comiccon for my first time ever this year and hope to meet some of you all out there!
  • Hi everyone i'm paul lopez jr. Born to Paul M. Lopez Sr. and Josie Lopez. Well were do I start! I have always loved superheros. From Superfriends to Spaceghost. But my favorite is Batman. What started the pasion of drawing comics was when my ungcles gave me a stack of comics back in the early 70's and from that the art in comics just jumped out at me like a bolt of lightning. I first asked my father to draw me batman and from that i embarked a journey of excitment of all kind of artist in the comic book world. All starting at the age of 4 years old. I am now 34 and still have that same pasion as i did when i was 4. In years past i traveled from comic conventions across northern cali. meeting Joe kubert, and sons, geroge perez, jim lee, tod Mcfarline, and many others before they became big wigs in comicdom. A snotnose kid trying to break in to comics. Well disappointment after disappiontment over the years set me back to lose faith. What was missing? Well let me tell you! I met Jennifer Fanaro in the year 1994 of May. She had something I did not have and that was a relationship with the savior. As the months pass we grew closer together and we read the bible and prayed together. but it just didn't stick in the place were it need to go(My Heart!). One day I went to church of corse to see her. She said she had to teach a sunday school. So i went in to regular service, but mainly to endure the service just to be with her after. Well you know what happened next came in with wrong intentions to coming out as a new creature in Christ. Well enough of that let's get back to who I am curently. I started my own comic book company called, "Born Again Production".
    I live in northern cali. Married to Jennifer Lopez(Not the actor, but she sounds like her on the phone.)for thirteen years and I have five children. Roll call: Timmy age 13, Jocelyn 11, Joshua 9, Ni-Ni(Short for Nehemiah) 7, and the apple of my eye Isabella 4.Whew, kinda sound like the Vontrap family. Lastly currently finishing up on my revelation from God, "Messah's Chosen:Falling Forward". a preview comic that can be seen on my page on this site. Sorry only two pages can be seen and a black and white cover. Hey come and make a comment or two or three and tell me what you think. I always love the advice from other brothers and sisters in the lord. God Bless BAP out!!!
  • Howdy Robin, My name is John and I have just signed up here. I work with inner-city children and youth in Charlotte North Carolina where I live. I write and draw a comic called Frogboy that we use there to illustrate Bible stories with the Kids. I want to expand and go into cities all over reaching out to people and sharing Christ using Frogboy.
    I am excited about meeting new people and believe we need to use our dynamite creative talents to reach this lost world for Christ.

Thank you for posting this topic.
  • Hello Reno... I am the TICK.. no... not really.. Keith Newsome here. I was into the comics part of things back in the 90's. I did a lot of different things, my main focus was GODSENT. Got published with Hunter Productions and went on to Broken Glass Studios. We had VOLTRON for about 2 years, but never got off the ground. Kinda glad about it though. Wasn't happy doing somehthing that wasn't where my heart was. Got into doing Dragon Illustrations, fantasy stuff.. I am now a facepainter on the side. Special Effects and so on, but looking to get back into comics... some.. It is nice to see that the community is still around... Haven't done a comic con in almost 7 years now... (if any one knows george macus jr, tell him I said hey) Might have to look back into it again.. find a new group of Columbus based Christians and see what Christ lays on our hearts.. thats me in a paragraph... see most of my stuff at
    http://dragonhuntr.deviantart.com/ has makeup, illustrations, comic stuff..
    talk soon.
    Keith
This reply was deleted.