CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Let's get to know each other, shall we?

Hi there,I noticed no one's started any discussions here, so I thought I'd go ahead and be the first. Why don't we introduce ourselves and find out why we're here.I'm Robin White, and I'm from New Brunswick, Canada. I'm a missionary to Japan, but in a "previous life" I was a graphic designer. I've been drawing and reading comics since I was a kid, of course, and currently have some humour work online at www.skitzoman.com. I'm hoping to do something that proves I actually can draw, someday, and something with more plot and depth. In time I hope that I can use comics and other creative arts in ministry.Who else is on here, and what are you up to?

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Hi there! My name is Owen Peters, and I just registered. I found out about CCAS at Comic-Con 2006 in San Diego, and I just got back from this year's Comic-Con. It's so great that there's a society like this where Christian comics creators can get together!

I'm working on a webcomic series which features Christian characters, and I want to target it at a mostly non-Christian audience. It's currently online, and I hope to publish a printed version someday.
  • Hello Robin, nice to hear you're working hard at your illustration, you can draw.
  • God Bless you all. My name is Daniel Thompson. I am the graphic design half of Hope Illustrated. The other half is Russ Jackson, an incredibly talented comic artist. We're just getting started in what we hope will be a great opportunity to use our talents to spread God's message of hope. So far, we've done two posters and have a t-shirt in the works, but no funds to produce it yet. It's pretty tough getting started, but we have faith that it will all work to the glory of God. The reaction to our first poster has been great. A local Bible book store has started selling them.

Like I said, we're in the infant stages, so the following link leads to an incomplete site, but it's humble start.

http://www.hopeillustrated.com
    http://www.hopeillustrated.com/
    • hey Daniel... nice start to the site btw... gotta get those button/links working... I know what ya mean... funds are a necessary evil in many ways... however, faith will pull all followers through even if it's not i OUR time... all things work on HIS time and we must keep the faith that it is by His grace that we are here at all and that He has a plan for each of us... I'd love to know more about your HOPE book.
    • Hi there, I am sooo new on this, that this is the first time I get into a forum or discussion, I am from Cuba, I have been reading your messages and got to say that I am exactly in the same position, i work as a comic maker here in this country but it is impossible to me to develop comics to honor God and find a way to publish them from here, anyway I got some in my blog.
      historietamontos.blogspot.com
      so, how could I reach Billy Leavell, Don Ensign or Robert Flores anyway?
      blessings
      • Greetings Osvaldo... got yourself some mad skills there fella... great to see. Fill us in on what ya have been doing as of late... I added ya to my google reader blog list. :D My blog is jessehansen.blogspot.com if interested... more of my sites can be found in my official introduction... :D
        Jesse Hansen Personal Blog
        This is the personal blog of Jesse Hansen... aka: Cadre.
      • Osvaldo,
        A lot of time has gone by since you posted your comment. I don't see that anyone responded to your post. If they did already, I'm sorry for being redundant.

You said you wanted to reach Billy Leavel, Don Ensign and Robert Flores but asked how to do it. I don't know if you've done this already, but they are all members of the network at the moment, so you can just find their profile page and click on the "Send a message" link. That should work.

I hope this is helpful.

-Geoff
  • Hello

I'm a fine artist and writer, feeling led toward writing/illustrating Christian Comics, but I have a lot to learn. I'm looking for resources to learn everything I need to know.

I grew up reading Al Hartley's christian comics (over and over again! There weren't enough of them) and they impacted my life in a major way. I was raised in an unbelieving family and consider it a miracle that God brought his Gospel to me that way from a young age. God is so good.....

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and to getting invovled in the world of Christian comics.

thanks

Cheryl
    • Hey Cheryl... also pleased to meet your acquaintance as well... would love to see some of your work, got a link for us?
    • Hey Cheryl -- Welcome to the group! Hope we can get to know each other too.
This reply was deleted.