CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

looking for a writer

Hi all:

I'm not a writer, wish I was then that would make completing a series and such so much easier.  I'm an artist, aspiring of course.  And I've done projects in the past where I tried to do everything (writing, editing, drawing, inking, coloring) and the whole thing falls flat because I didn't focus on honing my art and the lack of writing experience kills the composition.

I don't know how many of you writers are looking for a project much less one from a first timer, but I feel the need and pray God will provide a writer for a project I want to do to post online and use in my portfolio.  If you choose to help out, you can definitely use this in your portfolio too.

so the two ideas I'm thinking of going with are as follows:

1. a futuristic love story where the woman falls ill and the simple man must overcome great odds to find a cure.

2. a regular joe on a starship in deep space suddenly gets a visit from a woman he dreamed up years ago, and she's totally real, everyone around him can see, touch, and interact with her.

I have other ideas, but these are what I'm leaning toward.

Post if your interested.

Thanks and God bless.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I  would love to!

• Hey Mike:

thanks for replying, but this thread is over 2 years old.  I've already finished that story, but I'm always looking for a writer for new ideas and such.  If you're still up for it I got an upcoming project I could use some help on.

• I'm new. I just found this site through a friend. I'm a writer... and my issue was I have stories and then try to draw all the stuff any my focus gets spread out and writing it gets difficult. If you would ever like to work together (In hope that you might still be looking since this was over a month ago!) Let me know! I have a couple story ideas and I love discussing stories and all that jazz. Anywho, God bless!

• Rock on DL.  I sure hope it is getting life.  Could be a valuable learning experience for me and the possible writer.

• landon looks like your project is getting "life" from all of the support! I am excited to see what comes of it. I think idea #2 has great potential.

• Sure thing Brian:

What I meant was I am not a writer, so while I do want to do a project I know it will be very difficult and most likely to fall apart because I have no writing skills at all.  Though DL's suggestions sound good and I'm watching his youtube stuff right now.

My point for this post was to enlist some actual writers to work their mojo while I try to work mine and collaborate.  After all, a novel/book/comic/film/tv show is one big collaboration between 2 or more people right?

All you guys who posted I thank you and will be emailing each separately.

Thanks.

Brien Sparling said:

Please clarify: you want to work with other writers so you can write a story, or you can illustrate their story or both?  Is your vision for a short story or an epic novel with Hollywood possibilities?   Target audience?

Since you want something for your portfolio, you want a short story, yah?  Your intent is vital because long stories are not just stretched out short stories, they're foundationally different.  Generally a short stories are situational, and often can be thought of as answering a "what if" question.  For example: what if pigs had wings?  Well, getting breakfast would be a lot more of an adventure; and bang, there's a short story.  There are Moral "what ifs" and romantic "what ifs"... you get the idea. 

Based on this criteria, your idea #2 sounds like a potential short story:  What if a woman from a spacer's dreams appears, and everyone around the spacer can see-hear-intereact with that enchanting woman...except for him?

Your idea #1 sounds like a Novel-length idea:  the development of a love, or of a character over time as they face the many battles of a long term illness.

I'd like to bounce ideas and plot-twists around with you, once you establish a direction. Post here or email me.

In Grace,  Brien

looking for a writer
    Hi all: I'm not a writer, wish I was then that would make completing a series and such so much easier.  I'm an artist, aspiring of course.  And I've…
  • I'm definitely interested. I write and have wanted to work on a comic project. Go ahead and pm if you want to talk in more detail.

• Please clarify: you want to work with other writers so you can write a story, or you can illustrate their story or both?  Is your vision for a short story or an epic novel with Hollywood possibilities?   Target audience?

Since you want something for your portfolio, you want a short story, yah?  Your intent is vital because long stories are not just stretched out short stories, they're foundationally different.  Generally a short stories are situational, and often can be thought of as answering a "what if" question.  For example: what if pigs had wings?  Well, getting breakfast would be a lot more of an adventure; and bang, there's a short story.  There are Moral "what ifs" and romantic "what ifs"... you get the idea. 

Based on this criteria, your idea #2 sounds like a potential short story:  What if a woman from a spacer's dreams appears, and everyone around the spacer can see-hear-intereact with that enchanting woman...except for him?

Your idea #1 sounds like a Novel-length idea:  the development of a love, or of a character over time as they face the many battles of a long term illness.

I'd like to bounce ideas and plot-twists around with you, once you establish a direction. Post here or email me.

In Grace,  Brien

• I'd be willing to give it a shot. If you can tell me in more detail what you need when it comes to format, time deadlines, ect. 

Just email me at joshuathechristiank9@gmail.com if you're interested.

• Landon,

I feel you. I am an illustrator who struggles with writing. I have lots of ideas and find it time consuming when trying to get them out because I am more focused on the visual aspect of the project. It is great that you are praying about this issue. I was/am in you situation. But I think I'm a little further along than you are. I recently finished writting a graphic novel that sat idle in my mind for a long time and I am now finishing up my second graphic novel that I am co-writing.  Please check out this series it will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54l835una7A&feature=BFa&list...

next I did some other pretty creative things that helped. If you are interested I will share them with you. Let me know

-maffett

This reply was deleted.