CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
I just put up a blog about creating blogs for my fictional characters. http://douglasgclarke.comWhat do you think?Here's an excerpt:I’ve started blog sites for four of the five main characters in my novel, I’ll get the last one up one of these days. It has been interesting process, and I think helpful as a writer too. I have tried to make each blog site different, reflecting the personality of the character. It has also been interesting writing blogs for each of them. Blogs, or in the case journal entries, can be very personal things. I’m trying to let that personality show in each entry....I think that the process of blogging for my characters and been a two edges sword. I think I can write better in their voices for having done it. I think my novel will be better for it. I have started to build much deeper backstories for each of them. But, it has taken time. Time that I could have been spending writing the novel.In the end I think I’m glad that I’m doing the extra work. If writing was my money making job, then it might be the wrong choice. Since it is just a passion, a way to share my life, and my own personal therapy, then it is probably the right thing to do.I would love to have my novel done, but in the end, for me, it is all about letting these characters speak through me. Whether they speak through a novel or a blog site really doesn’t matter. It is the sharing and exploring that is helpful to me.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Richard,

I'd like to hear your reaction to the blog for my cleric. There are only two posts so far, but I think some deep thoughts.

http://hathrae.com/hector
  • I really like the idea, Douglas. I've heard quite a few people talk about it, and now I'm even considering doing it if some of my other marketing measures fail. But do you think four or five might be overkill? I suppose if you want write 'em all - and keep 'em all straight - more power to you, but I was thinking it might be more meaningful to focus on just one or two and get them the spotlight they deserve.

But then again, this is from a marketing perspective. From a writing perspective, the value sounds immeasurable.
This reply was deleted.