CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Story String Along!

Well I haven't shown much of my ideas or writings yet, but heres something I'm offereing you all to contribute to! It's a sci-fi tale about the last remaining cheetah on earth:In a public zoo, Kgsoi (pronounced Cosi) the cheetah wakes up when he is served a freshly brewed Turkish Coffie. He takes the mug and heads over to his laptop and cheks the feeds to the news and other blogs. He spots an article about Cheetas and opens the page, and reads the title "The Last Cheetah on Earth." Kgsoi scrolls down the article and sees a picture of him chest up staring on the camera. Shocked he bolts away from his laptop to get his reflection from it's monitor and then rushes forward to the article again? He does this a couple more times, and then moves his mouse over the image to see read the caption. The mouseover reads his name on the caption. Jaw agape and his whole body shaking in disbleaf, Kgsoi does it again and the mouseover changes to "Yes, YOU Kgsoi."I didn't know where to go next with this...my origional idea is that he heads off to Afria and races over their entire past territory to see if he really IS the last cheetah, and then some humans or other animals take a jaguar or other leopard and disguise her as a cheetah by inking in her spots or something, and presents her to Kgsoi to calm him down or something. If anyone else has an idea for where this story could go, please start writing now!P.S,Kgsoi is the name of the cheetah that R&H used to model and animate the ones we saw in the battlefield of WaldenMedia's "The Chronicle's of Narnia, The Lion, Witch and The Wardrobe." Kgsoi is also a quarterly guest at our school for the students and public (limited seats however) to observe, sketch, and record. He currently stays at Leopard's INC in Southern California....

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Um, that sounds rather cliched actually...I wanted to be a bit more expirimental, although I had put this project on the back burner a long time ago...

GamaClone said:
    I'm reminded of "The Last Unicorn."

I'm having trouble seeing the laptop/coffee/animorphism thing. I could see him/her being in a zoo or a wildlife reserve, overhearing some caretakers mention the plot line, and then the daring escape. There would be scenes of inner-city hijinks, some lonely "on the road" moments, work a trip on a freighter/barge/cruiseliner in there, and then the protaganisim, which the cheetah would have to overcome to rescue his friends (if possible.) Maybe an evil turtle who's jealous of speed.
    An animated/cgi film would be easier these days, and would allow sidekicks like a hummingbird or an equally fast substitute. Later, a monkey, or an equally slow friend like a tree sloth. there's your comedic inset.
  • I'm reminded of "The Last Unicorn."

I'm having trouble seeing the laptop/coffee/animorphism thing. I could see him/her being in a zoo or a wildlife reserve, overhearing some caretakers mention the plot line, and then the daring escape. There would be scenes of inner-city hijinks, some lonely "on the road" moments, work a trip on a freighter/barge/cruiseliner in there, and then the protaganisim, which the cheetah would have to overcome to rescue his friends (if possible.) Maybe an evil turtle who's jealous of speed.
    An animated/cgi film would be easier these days, and would allow sidekicks like a hummingbird or an equally fast substitute. Later, a monkey, or an equally slow friend like a tree sloth. there's your comedic inset.
  • This is a super beginning to a story. What a deep mystery you have brewed up here. Perhaps in the story only the cheetahs are able to prophesy and thus he is more valuable and coveted by the religious people.
This reply was deleted.