CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

I really like drawing and painting, but I also find that the other hobbies I do influence my work. For example, playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf has given me some great ideas for art and stuff (see below) What about you guys?

WIP.png

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I compose piano music. Sometimes they are based off a storyline depicted in my artwork, and other times they inspire new ones! 

I also spend time looking up good J-pop and K-pop Music videos, which are so visual driven they help with my design process. I have pictures based off the song's lyrics or videos: Those tend to be my favorite! 

• That's pretty cool. Music is certainly a good way to get inspired. Do you ever have "Music Videos" about your characters in your head? 

• My first reaction to this question was that my hobbies are more an escape from than inspiration to my work.  On second thought however, it may be an inspiration to certain plots and parts to storylines I come up with.  My hobbies are video games.  

• Exactly. I read in a book that your hobbies and your work should influence each other. I think it's a book by Austin Kleon called "Steal Like an Artist". I highly recommend it.

This reply was deleted.