CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• Another school of thought would be, to create the kind of comic book that YOU like, and then shop it around to different publishing houses.

Most successful , benchmarking, artistic endeavors are usually from out of "left field" somewhere.
    NOT doing what EVERYBODY else is doing, can be a very GOOD THING.

Create your book, if it is GOOD, it will find a way. (-and make money for you & the publisher)
  • You first have to identify the audience you want to write for.

In my case, I come from New England and my wife is from Europe. Christianity is not exactly popular in either region; the majority of my Mom's side of the family is agnostic at best.

So I want our books to be enjoyable for non-Christians as well as Christians. I try and balance the message as best I can so that non-Christians will not feel like they are being "preached at". It is important that the non-Christian reader can identify with the characters and story, and for us that means keeping the story grounded. This isn't easy, but I find that our potential is there to reach a wider audience.

I try and use the parables of Jesus as my example: all of them had deep spirtual meaning, but none of them were over-the-top.
    Look For....
This reply was deleted.