CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
help. I need some tips on the proper method for making comic art or graphic novel art.From things I'm reading, it looks like my drawings cannot simply be drawn and then painted with watercolor, goache or whatever then scanned - they won't reproduce correctly???Is this right?I was going to just draw my illustrations, then watercolor them and scan them....but....now I'm feeling lost.Can someone explain the whole inking, coloring issue, and what type of images are needed?Or point me toward a simple resource.thankscheryl

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Many thanks to both of you for the help. I'll look into copic markers, and William - thank you for letting me know that my proposed method will work.
    :)

cheryl
  • I JUST KNOW SEVERAL PEOPLE THAT USE THEM. I WAS JUST TRYING TO OFFER AN ALTERNATIVE TO WATERCOLOR.
  • Cheryl my sister,
    you have been misinformed,
    Many great comics are done exactly in the way that you want to do them...
    The secret is to make sure that when you scan the artwork that the settings that you use (either RGB or CMYK) are giving you an image that is accurate and as close to your colors as possible.
    Then... DON'T change those settings as you print the pages.
    If you are having them done at a printer, see what he needs to do his job. He may have size requirements or files that he needs to use, but for the most part printers these days are able to tailor their scanning and printing to your needs. Get a sample done first, if you aren't happy with how it looks work with him to get what you want and if that doesn't fly, go somewhere else.

Remember its their job to fit you, not the other way around. They may each have standard ways that they do things, and if that's comfortable for you fine but you can find a printer that will do a great job for your work no matter how you create it.

God Bless,
    William
  • COPIC MARKERS ARE WHAT PEOPLE ARE USING TO COLOR.
This reply was deleted.