CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Programming

I dream in code. I believe when God created the universe He had a voice controlled MAC to do all the work. :D So Are there any other programmers out here? I design and program websites (mainly written in C#), but have touched php, asp, vb. I do enjoy writing computer programs. So how do we start a discussion? No I think both MAC and PC's are great (I have both) and run XP pro on my MacBook Pro to program. I do enjoy discussing programming architecture and design. So lets ask questions. Shout ideas. Lets Geek speak. Be proud to be a christian geek.ps. It would be interesting to see how many left brain people enjoy right brain activities.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I know CSS is more the "creative" side of it, but it still feels a little funny to me as a Computer Graphics Major.  I'm used to throwing things together in a program, rather than floating & padding objects.  Looking forward to finding the place they meet in my head.

Matt Heinrich said:

I like to programming for the web, but I must admit my one weakness is how to make it look good. I can program all the stuff behind with no problem, but am trying to learn CSS. I must admit I love CSS (if i can ever understand it, left brain vs right brain I think).
    Programming
    I dream in code. I believe when God created the universe He had a voice controlled MAC to do all the work. :D So Are there any other programmers out…
  • Finished the Web Development track on Codecademy last month.  Also learning Javascript, Python, & Java (only for Android development).

I'm enjoying the web stuff more than I expected, & I got a friend who's steering me into Wordpress.

• I took a class in computer science in college way back in 1983.  I learned FORTRAN.  HTML was a breeze after taking that.  PHP was more challenging than HTML and SQL was yet another challenge.  I'm trying to master CSS now.  I used to design websites professionally, but I found I was stretching myself into too many different directions.  Yes.  I'm Geek, Christian and proud of it.

• I like to programming for the web, but I must admit my one weakness is how to make it look good. I can program all the stuff behind with no problem, but am trying to learn CSS. I must admit I love CSS (if i can ever understand it, left brain vs right brain I think).
  • I pretty much can't stop doing anything I've learned how to do...I want to learn actionscript and AJAX/DHTML at least to make a cool webpage and maybe java to make my own Sonic The Hedgehog shmups that I've been dreaming about for a while...but I can't even program a TI-83+ unless I had a GUI to let me preview the results of what I was writing...
  • God's Enigma Erratic Kid.
  • What is Geek?
This reply was deleted.