CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Working idea

Anyone interested in discussing ideas for a Christian comic. My thinking is to use stories from the Bible but place them into a sci-fi context (a Star Wars style universe) A good example would be David and Goliath set in a setting of a battle in space (i.e. the battle of Yavin)

Suggestions and feedback is welcomed!

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think a Space Bible would be pretty cool.

• Yeah that would bug me too...I'll be careful....

Calvary Comics said:

I've just seen it happen one time too many, that's all.  A friend of mine, a professional jazz musician (and a brother in Christ) who works in many avenues of commercial music, wrote a nice tune and played it for one of his heroes.  The 'hero' turned around and made it into the theme song for one of the most successful secular TV shows of the mid-1980s.  It still digs at him to this day... 

Working idea
    Anyone interested in discussing ideas for a Christian comic. My thinking is to use stories from the Bible but place them into a sci-fi context (a Sta…
  • I've just seen it happen one time too many, that's all.  A friend of mine, a professional jazz musician (and a brother in Christ) who works in many avenues of commercial music, wrote a nice tune and played it for one of his heroes.  The 'hero' turned around and made it into the theme song for one of the most successful secular TV shows of the mid-1980s.  It still digs at him to this day... 

• @Alec - so are you saying this idea was good? ;D lol

Thanks for the heads up. This was an idea I had a few years ago. If I ever turned this idea into a real comic, I'd post it as a web-comic one-shot for free. And if anyone tries to steal the idea, I dare them to do a better job than I would. So I have no qualms.

Of course I have a ton more ideas that are waaay better, and I'm keeping those hush-hush....haha

Calvary Comics said:

Now everyone else has your idea, too, including those who aren't in this group, but happen upon it.  Not a good idea to share ideas unless you don't mind someone else capitalizing upon any good ones. 

miabu said:

I had an idea of a christian super hero...

Working idea
    Anyone interested in discussing ideas for a Christian comic. My thinking is to use stories from the Bible but place them into a sci-fi context (a Sta…

• Now everyone else has your idea, too, including those who aren't in this group, but happen upon it.  Not a good idea to share ideas unless you don't mind someone else capitalizing upon any good ones. 

miabu said:

I had an idea of a christian super hero...

Working idea
  • I had an idea of a christian super hero, who in his civilian life is a paraplegic and is bound to a wheel chair. When he is in hero mode, he is like Supermen and can walk of course and fly and what-not. The plot goes on as the hero stays in hero mode more and more and neglects his civilian life more and more. He hates being handicap so who can blame him right? If you could choose to be a hero over a paraplegic, then why not be a hero all the time, right?

Anyways, a friend that knows of the heros double life confronts him and says, hey, you need to stop neglecting your family and friends. You need to be 'you' for awhile. To which the hero responds " I need to be at the right place at the right time, at all times."

Further pleading with from his friend the Hero truthfully reveals "I'm worthless as the man I was. When I'm a hero, I'm somebody important. "

Finally the hero relents and changes back to normal, "just for a while' he says. Then when he tries to turn back to a hero, he can't. He tries and tries but he can't. He can't figure out why. Eventually he gets mad at God and sinks into depression. His friends and family try and cheer him up but he shuts them out.

Some time goes on, and he is still in his funk. Then when his building that he lives in, catches fire ( or it could be any other catastrophe ) he has an opportunity to save the life of some one ( a child perhaps or an old person ) from being trapped in the flames ( or whatever disaster ).

Despite being in a wheelchair, the ex-hero risks his life, and saves the person trapped in the fire, narrowly I might add. But succeeds.

He eventually realizes that even tho he is handicapped, he could still be used by God and he also realizes the importance of his friends and family in his life. Only after coming to terms with his own handicap and weaknesses does he get his Superhero powers back.

The end.

• Jomari Peterson said:

I would love to see the story of the Disciples and the First Church in comic book form. I think it would have drama, depth, weight and convey the gospel for saved and unsaved alike.

I agree.  It has some comics representation in THE PICTURE BIBLE drawn by Andre LeBlanc and THE ACTION BIBLE drawn by Sergio Cariello.  In my graphic novella REVIVAL AMONG THE ZULUS (a true story) there are several excerpts from it.  One can see seen in the previews section of the Calvary Comics website:

http://www.calvarycomics.com/comics/zulu/index.html

Enjoy!

Kind regards in Christ Jesus,

Alec 

Working idea
  • I would love to see the story of the Disciples and the First Church in comic book form. I think it would have drama, depth, weight and convey the gospel for saved and unsaved alike.

• Steven Bakai said:

How about concrete ideas? We are all aware of the situation of Christian comics (not passing judgment) so I would like to ask for concrete examples of "thinking outside the box"

What kind of stories do you have in mind? There is a vast pool of creativity that we can drink from and pass the cup so that all of us might add to each others ideas.

Awaiting your replies !!!!

Here is an idea i have a superhero discovers that even with all his powers he cannot escape the judgement of God. the story then goes on to represent the life and history of Jesus and his death and resurrection from death as the savior of the world the greatest superhero ever. finally give two endings one being the superhero chooses to reject Christ and ends up in hell and an alternate ending where he accepts Christ and goes to heaven. this idea gives an interesting story and at the same time gives out the gospel

Working idea
  • Okay, thanks for the help. I'll go ahead and delete the post.

This reply was deleted.