CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

"The Official Counterfeiter" 1969, 1974

This Christian comics booklet can be read online for free:

https://scripturalscrutinydotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/the-official-counterfeiter-biblical-economics.pdf

It was written and drawn by Vic Lockman, ex-Disney and ex-Western Comics artist.  He's 88 years old now.  Though he professes faith in Christ, his worldview is staunchly Calvinist (I wonder if he's aware that John Calvin had over 30 people burned at the stake AFTER his alleged conversion to Christ - but that's another matter).  This 'infotainment' comic is a bit reminiscent of some of Jack Chick's, and the US national debt is now in the trillions of dollars (courtesy of Pres. Obama).  Still, read on...

https://scripturalscrutinydotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/the-official-counterfeiter-biblical-economics.pdf

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree that his zeal and efforts are praiseworthy, and that he worked 100% in line with his denominational beliefs.  There is much truth in what he has presented, but I'm always cautious when anyone puts the "filter" (denomination) ahead of a clear revelation of Christ Himself. 

It's interesting that so many of today's Baptists are Calvinist, as several centuries ago they weren't, and the Baptists were persecuted by the Presbyterians (Calvinists) in the United Kingdom.  Author Dave Hunt has done a great job of explaining all this in his book What Love is This?  Calvinism's Misrepresentation of God.  He also explains the shortcomings of Arminism.   

I suggest that you drop an email of encouragement over to Vic Lockman, as he's 88 years old, and the material you've seen here is at least 10-15 years old.  I'm sure it would bless his heart to know that his efforts have blessed yours. 

Kind regards in Christ Jesus,

Alec

• Calvary - this is absolutely beautiful. Vic appears to have been a man who cared both about his craft and the Word. I mean - whatever your denominational background - the man created a book of illustrations on regulative worship, Biblical typology, eschatology, the Bible and economic matters, and he created a book of illustrations for the standard reformed catechism. That's crazy, and humbling, and impressive. 

I do not know who this Vic Lockman is, but I want nothing more than to emulate his work and purpose. 

Thank you for the post!

• You can see more of Vic's work here:

www.viclockman.com

• This is the best. 

This reply was deleted.