CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

SECRET ORIGINS #10, 1987

I'm certainly not saying that the following stories in SECRET ORIGINS #10, published by DC Comics in 1987, are theologically sound, but at a quick glance they seem to be reverent which, even by the 1980s in secular comics, was something more than a rarity.  Have a look:

http://iamthephantomstranger.blogspot.com/2009/03/secret-origins-10-jan-1987.html#.U2PY9KLD_cs

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'll confess this issue has always had a special place in my memory and it's one I've always enjoyed. I always liked the first two, with him having a direct tie to the almighty as the Wandering Jew and being commissioned by the Most High in the next.

• Haaaaaa!  Yeah yeah!  That's it!  That's so cool! So much for evolution...

• @ Christopher:

Take a look at these panels from GREEN LANTERN #40 from 1965; it's a classic sequence in the DC's GL 'canon' and I believe it's what you're referring to in the animated cartoon:

http://www.christiancomicarts.com/forum/topics/green-lantern-40-1965

Blessings,

Alec

GREEN LANTERN #40, 1965
    In the story The Secret Origin of the Guardians a character called Krona goes back in time to see the origin of the universe.  What he sees is the…
  • I have a lot on my plate today, but I will take a look at it. The comics during that era where much deeper than what's out now. Also, the Green Lantern animated series that came out not too long ago also had some christian I fluence. In one of the episodes they quoted 1 Corinthians 13 on love. And in the last episode the animation of the entire universe was to me a good rendition of God's hand holding the universe. I instantly thought of God when I saw it. As I was watching the audience's reaction to the last episode I heard one of the audience's members say, "is that God's hand?" I thought that was cool.
  • 3884491986?profile=originalHere's the splash page of the first story.  Click on the link in the original post to see more.

This reply was deleted.