CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Project Fire @rMs

hello folks, this is Andrew Fitzsimons, I have been reading comic books, both american and japanese for the past 17 years of my life. With American for almost 28 years, and Japanese for almost 12.5 years, I have collected so much japanese anime dvds over the years, and have read so many comics, that this year, I feel like the Lord is leading me to create my own mini-series. While I had a 3.5 page script going for the past 4.5 years, I stopped because of my frequent depression. I need some help, and support through other christ followers to help produce this project, and getting going. If there is anyone that has any ideas, or any knowledge with creating comics, please let me know. In other words, knowledge, creative genes, and spiritual following... again, let me know. Thanks, Andrew Fitzsimons over and out.

PS. I have decided to finally give my mini-series Project Fire Arms a new title... Heroes Trinity! See if anyone likes the idea so I can start posting my stuff. Otherwise, please follow me at TheManAtFireOnFire.deviantart.com for more details. Thanks, and blessings to all.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I thought of doing digital, but it would take me longer because I am still learning as I am a part time graphic design student and still have most of my academic classes to take before my design classes.

Melchizedek Todd said:

Have you thought about going digital? It can speed up the process.

Project Fire @rMs
    hello folks, this is Andrew Fitzsimons, I have been reading comic books, both american and japanese for the past 17 years of my life. With American f…
  • Hey Brien, I'm a college student who's pursuing an associate in graphic design, and wish to continue for my ba in art, but either again, in graphic design, or traditional illustration. this is my first story that I have ever dabbled in for my entire life, it was literally ten to twelve years in the making that God gave me this vision, but it has since faded and has not been touched since last year. I do have a major interest in writing, but sometimes my writing skills are either incoherent or jumbled only hinting at what I want to portray. Because I am learning disabled, sometimes I become quite repetitive in my writing. 

I wish to become a little bit of all these;sketcher, writer, and organizer. I would love to portray more of the art side of things for the most part, even though I like to write. It's just that sometimes I can't put all of it together without thinking of it as a whole versus separate sections. In other words, I want to think of things AS A WHOLE... but OVER THINK THINGS ONLY AS ONE PART AT A TIME. 

The main audience is mostly from young pre-teen to adults, because I want to relate more that side of life instead of just children, for I feel like I may end up altering this project to cater to children one day... if they can understand. 

The main theme is intertwined around young adults (between 19-35 years old) who live in a futuristic setting in the USA (New York, L.A. Florida, Texas - those types of settings) ...

where the entire world has undergone major changes over the past decades where not everything is as it seems (MIRACLE of Cloning has now become a new way of preserving, or resurrecting lost loved ones and rampant disease ex:Cancer, AIDS - has been cured?!) and STILL not everything is as it should be (constant racism, religion pitted against another religion, politics and corruption run amok as world citizens struggle just to survive - one moment, one person is born, that same moment another person dies, no peace, no love). Nations (USA, Japan as example) rising and (China, Russia as example) collapsing, broken families and relationships have become the norm, and ABSOLUTELY NO ONE CAN BE trusted (resulted from constant cyber-attacks, nuclear warfare, or worldly cover-ups)... or loved (shown peace,or closure that a savior indeed exists). Where the world is in complete war... but that is only hidden behind the vale of a bigger truth. That that an enemy can come in many forms... even in us, or something that is well, not entirely human. 

these three "youngsters" finally find the truth of why they had gotten these powers of protection (first part of project) ...  (second part of project) and team up to fight a dark and sinister being that has hidden in the backdrop of all these "current events" listed above. But in the end... to let the reader/viewer know that no matter what they're going through, that they are not alone in any way shape or form, that the Lord Jesus Christ has always been that "weapon", that "armor", and that "fire" ... from which we are saved by his Blood, and that he is our ultimate weapon against the common enemy - satan, and that Jesus is in the relationship business for a long time, and always has been from the start. And although, Jesus will not make a physical appearance in this project, I would like to somehow actually sketch his spirit into several precise moments in this project. To show that he loves, he heals, he saves, and he leads.  

Main idea - all three of the "youngsters" stories must first intertwine, then hired by CIA, FBI, and U.N. to uncover these mysterious events leading up to the "final battle"... aftermath, secrets are revealed about characters. Some seek revenge, closure, peace from hurt, and redemption of relationships and families will be mended. Some characters could even fall in love at the end. 

Finally, yes, I would like this to be my own project with others helping (eventually giving credit to others if they so wish to join), of course to make a profit (the money will come eventually), but more so to heal those that are hurting, and searching for answers in uncertain times. For I wish to form my own comic book company with like-minded Christians and Non-Christians who are seeking a savior in the foreseeable future (3-7 years) as well as build my own art portfolio, and increase my artistic skills, and finally.... for friendship, and fellowship in Christ name. 

God bless back to you.

If there is anything confusing to what I have written, please tell me as again as I do have learning disabilities.
    Brien Sparling said:

Hey Andrew,

I'm interested(but have limited time.) Could you give some more details about yourself and your project? Thanks.

1) Is this your first story ever, or have you written other stories, short or long?  Would you see your strengths to be more of a writer, sketcher, organizer or some combo of these?  What role would you prefer to play in this project?

2) Could you write a short(1 paragraph) summary of your story and how this story is supposed  impact the reader?  What age group/type of audience are you aiming for?

3) Is this project meant to be for a portfolio, or an online comic or to further your own talents?  Do you want this to be your project(you own the idea and characters) and others help, or are you looking to share the credit and ownership? 

God bless, Bro.

Project Fire @rMs
    hello folks, this is Andrew Fitzsimons, I have been reading comic books, both american and japanese for the past 17 years of my life. With American f…
  • Have you thought about going digital? It can speed up the process.

•  

Hey Andrew,

I'm interested(but have limited time.) Could you give some more details about yourself and your project? Thanks.

1) Is this your first story ever, or have you written other stories, short or long?  Would you see your strengths to be more of a writer, sketcher, organizer or some combo of these?  What role would you prefer to play in this project?

2) Could you write a short(1 paragraph) summary of your story and how this story is supposed  impact the reader?  What age group/type of audience are you aiming for?

3) Is this project meant to be for a portfolio, or an online comic or to further your own talents?  Do you want this to be your project(you own the idea and characters) and others help, or are you looking to share the credit and ownership? 

God bless, Bro.

This reply was deleted.