CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Prayers for my hubby Bill

The newspaper Bill works at is part of the McClatchey group, and you might all be aware they are not doing well lately. There have been three layoffs at his company since summer of 2008--the most recent was the middle of March, 2009. He's managed to get passed over but I'll be honest--he's not happy about that. He'd much rather be out of there and working someplace else. He is having to do the work of three people. All full time employees have been scaled back to 37.5 hours a week, 5% less pay, they've frozen their pensions and are no longer contributing to the employee's 401K. There will probably be more layoffs. Bill is under a lot of stress.Please pray for a new job somewhere else!! Preferably in his field (graphic design) and in this area (Seattle/Tacoma). Thank you.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• How is Bill doing now?
  • Kathleen: just sent up prayers for Bill a few minutes ago. I relate strongly to how he is feeling, though my situation has not gotten that rough yet. I work in the graphics department of the Chicago Tribune and we're all feeling shell-shocked these days.

I'm betting Bill wrestles with the same thing I do, and that's how do we show the world we trust our Father to watch over us in the midst of chaos and uncertainty. I'm afraid that I've discovered that I have feet of clay. No matter how hard I try to avoid worrying and getting involved in the frequent conversations with co-workers (who are not believers) about how worried I am - well - I fail.

We have a big God but near-sighted glasses.

Blessings to you both!

Rick
This reply was deleted.