CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• wow thanks CC!

• For many years I used to take the Kubert School students on an annual trip to the Frazetta museum which housed a core collection of 100 of his paintings, plus assorted pen & ink pieces (1950s comics covers, etc.), and I had the opportunity to meet his entire family.  Ellie Frazetta (Frank's wife) and the daughters professed faith in Christ.  In fact, Ellie told me that she led Roy Krenkel (frequent E.C. comics collaborator with Frank) in the sinner's prayer on his deathbed.  She read her Bible daily, she told me more than once, but said that Frank didn't believe in the hereafter.  She predeceased him, and I know that in Frank's last days that his daughters as well as an art dealer who handles his estate had shared the Gospel with him.  Frank's response was, "I know I'm not good enough for heaven."  In that he's correct---none of us are!  That's why Jesus had to go to Calvary's cross to pay the price for our sins, and to rise again, triumphing over death as well.  Who knows what happened in Frank's final hours on earth? 

Here I am (left) with Frank Frazetta (right) at his museum back in November, 2004.  The museum itself is closed, and portions of the collection are being sold off.

Agape in Christ,

Alec

3884481913?profile=original

• wow that stranded pic is amazing...was Frank a believer?

• Below is page one of "Stranded in a Mine Field" which Frazetta drew in 1953 for Heroic Comics #87.  Note the dialogue in the bottom panel of this secular comic.3884481560?profile=original 

This reply was deleted.