CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Please help us with printing our first book

KING Comics, LLC  (www.KING-Comic.com) is currently trying to raise
funds to get our first comic book printed.  Tales of Power # 1 is now on
kickstarter.  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1255490944/tales-of-power-1-by-king-comics-llc

Here's a little info about KING Comics, LLC and Tales of Power:
KING Comics, LLC is co-owned by Gabriel Dill Sr. and Paul Beel.  They
are Christian based and built around GOD and HIS Son Jesus Christ as
the core and foundation of the universe. (it is mainly super-heroes
wrote with a moral base) That said, it is a universe not unlike our
own...but with super powered heroes and villains, crazy aliens,
fantastic planets and cities, and LOADS of imagination!!!   We intend
all the content of our comics to be "PG" oriented with NO explicit
material that is unsuitable for the eyes of our children or ourselves
for that matter.  There is NO cursing, gore, or overly-suggestive
scenes.  While there is indeed A LOT of action and fight sequences, we
have done our best to do them tastefully.

Tales of Power is an action-packed team-up book that will introduce
the many heroes and villains of the KING Comics universe!!  Issue one
will follow the heroes Apex and Oath as they battle the villains
Atomic and Thoom!  Also guest-starring Bluejaye, Scripture, and the
Green Zap!!

Just what are Atomic and Thoom after?  And why??   Will Apex and Oath
discover their plans in time?  If they do, can even the combined might
of our heroes stop them?  Where and how does the Khemica Corporation
fit into all of this?

KING Comics

http://www.king-comic.com

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well, KickStarter did not work for us. So we went with Ka-Blam to print our first book.

It is now available here: http://indyplanet.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=5559

•  

Glad to see that BlueJaye will be coming alive, Gabe!!  Haven't heard from you in a while.

• Who's the printer in Maryland?
  • Yup. Figured as much. 1000 is usually the typical print run.

I've heard people doing mammoth print runs, and then can't sell their books. But if you're diligent, and push to get your stuff out there, it can be done. Especially if the book is well done.

If the cost savings is worth it, the other thing that happens, if your price per unit is low enough, you can then use a certain amount of your books as advertising. e.g. If each book cost you $3 to produce, then you might want to make sure you sell them all to make your money back. HOWEVER if each was like a $1 or less, set the amount of books you need to sell to make your money back, and then use the rest as promo materials to push for orders. Send a promo pack to comic stores, Christian schools, libraries(?) with an order form, or some sort of page that says where they can order - online, other...etc. (What's a buck? Cheap advertising is what).

Do note: My suggested numbers are completely arbitrary. You may have completely different thresholds or ideas as to what is "low enough". AND this is merely a suggestion.

You guys probably already know all this - and it looks like you're off to a decent start.

• It's cool that you know Gabe.

Thank you Matthew!!

Matthew said:

Gabe is my boy. and has even done work for me. great guy. i do hope you guys get this done. really proud of you.
  • My business partner has more information on this, but if I remember correctly, we would need to print 1000.

The book is 23 pages without cover.

Good question about the cover stock. I'll have to ask my business partner about that.

Yes, we would sell at a lower price to costumers.

The printer is actually local to my business partner, in Maryland. This is the reason I am a little fuzzy on the details.

Martin Murtonen said:

Hey Paul!

2 to 1? Wow. Did not know that - thanks for pointing that out.

So if you want to get the price point that you want with the printer you're going to use:

• how many copies do you need to get printed,
    • and how many pages (Plus cover) is your book?
    • Is the cover with different paper stock?

Also, if you have a lower price point per unit with this printer, does that mean your price will be lower when you sell it to your customers?

And what printer are you using? I'm always looking for good quality printers and deals or options when it comes to printing.

Martin

• Gabe is my boy. and has even done work for me. great guy. i do hope you guys get this done. really proud of you.
  • Hey Paul!

2 to 1? Wow. Did not know that - thanks for pointing that out.

So if you want to get the price point that you want with the printer you're going to use:

• how many copies do you need to get printed,
    • and how many pages (Plus cover) is your book?
    • Is the cover with different paper stock?

Also, if you have a lower price point per unit with this printer, does that mean your price will be lower when you sell it to your customers?

And what printer are you using? I'm always looking for good quality printers and deals or options when it comes to printing.

Martin

• Martin,

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it. We are considering Ka-Blam for sure. It will actually cost us double per book than having this other printer do it, but you are right about having extra comics. That is the only downside. We may end up going with Ka-Blam though.

Martin Murtonen said:

Ola Paul B.

If you already have your book all set to go and prepped, you may wish to consider: Ka-Blam Printing

Ka-Blam (Calculate  your comic output)

Using them will allow you to print your comics to order. This means you don't get stuck with a truckload of comics that end up as fire-starter. So if you want 1 you can get 1 and if you want  a 1000 you can get a 1000. (Or 10 or 20, or 50...)

I think cost effective and useful. You can also sell your book on their IndyPlanet site.

Martin

• Ola Paul B.

If you already have your book all set to go and prepped, you may wish to consider: Ka-Blam Printing

Ka-Blam (Calculate  your comic output)

Using them will allow you to print your comics to order. This means you don't get stuck with a truckload of comics that end up as fire-starter. So if you want 1 you can get 1 and if you want  a 1000 you can get a 1000. (Or 10 or 20, or 50...)

I think cost effective and useful. You can also sell your book on their IndyPlanet site.

Martin

This reply was deleted.