CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

OPEN CALL

GOOD AFTERNOON ALL, MY NAME IS CAMERON MICHAELS AND I PUTTING OUT A CALL FOR ARTIST/INKERS/LETTERS. MY GRAPHIC NOVEL WHICH IS SCHEDULED FOR RELEASE THROUGH MY PUBLISHER THIS UPCOMING APRIL 2011. THE ARTIST/INKER/LETTERER WENT AWOL ON ME AFTER COMPLETING ONLY ONE CHAPTER OF THE FIVE CHAPTER WORK. I AM PRESENTLY LOOKING FOR A 3-4 TEAMS COMPRISED OF AN ARTIST/INKER AND LETTERERS OR 3-4 PEOPLE WHO CAN DO ALL THREE JOBS. BECAUSE I NEED 4 CHAPTERS COMPLETED BY MID TO LATE JANUARY I HAVE DEVELOPED A METHOD TO INCORPORATE FIVE DIFFERENT STYLES INTO ONE GRAPHIC NOVEL. THE STORY IS WRITTEN AND STORY BOARDED JUST LOOKING FOR PERSONS TO "PUT IT DOWN" AND MAKE THE STORY IN MY HEAD COME TO LIFE. IF THIS CHALLENGE INTEREST YOU EMAIL ME WITH ANY 2-3 PAGE SAMPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO PROVIDE TO

camrea_creations@verizon.net

www.thelastdisciples.com

with a phone number as well

WE CAN TALK AND SEE IF THERE IS A MATCH.

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND SUPPORT. STAY STRONG ON YOUR GOD ORDAINED JOURNEY TO GREATNESS. REMEMBER EPH 3:20 AND 1 CORTH 2:9                         

THANKS, CAMERON MICHAELSTLD%20GRAPHIC%20NOVEL%20COVER%201.jpg

TLD GRAPHIC NOVEL PAGE 2.jpg

TLD GRAPHIC NOVEL PAGE 3.jpg

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Cam, did you get the help you needed? if so or no I stopped working now and started praying for you. I know how hard it is to find dependable people. God will provide, I trust that he will. Please give us a praise report!

• YES, ONE YOUNG MAN (19 YEARS OLD AND VERY TALENTED) DID ALL OF THE JOBS, AND YOU DON'T SOUND RUDE, IT IS A VERY PRACTICAL QUESTION.
    Sven Jacobs said:
    I don't mean to sound rude, but your artist, inker, and letterer went AWOL on you?
  • I don't mean to sound rude, but your artist, inker, and letterer went AWOL on you?
  • AH!  CAMERON, THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW.

APOLOGIES IF I WAS A LITTLE BRUSQUE.  SOMETIMES YOU RUN ONTO BOARDS WHERE PEOPLE DON'T KNOW COMMON ETIQUETTE. I DIDN'T MEAN IT AS A LECTURE - JUST MORE OF A COMMENT ON WEB PRACTICE - WHICH YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE MORE THAN AWARE OF.

MARTIN.

• I TYPE IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE OF A VISION PROBLEM I HAVE. I UNDERSTAND EMAIL WRITING, HOWEVER I WANT TO BE SURE I AM TYPING THE RIGHT THINGS. MAYBE BEFORE YOU LECTURE PEOPLE, TRY ASKING THE REASONS THINGS ARE DONE A SPECIFIC WAY FIRST. I CAN ANSWER ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS JOB BY PERSONAL EMAIL. WRITE AND SEND A SAMPLE TO camrea_creations@verizon.net. THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

CAMERON MICHAELS
    Martin Murtonen said:

PLEASE STOP YELLING. ALL CAPS = YELLING ONLINE.

Doing All Caps as an EMPHASIS is fine, but to DO IT ALL THE TIME gets tedious. (Sorry for yelling, just trying to make a point.)

QUESTIONS:

1. Is this a paid job?

2. How many pages is a chapter? If you consider that  a page a day  PENCILS - and ONLY pencils is the common speed of output (generally) , if each of your chapters is more than 15 pages, and it takes a half day to ink, half day to color - each chapter will only be completed at the end of the month. Some people are faster than others.

Some people might be really fast - but their quality may stink.

Not to be a gloomcookie, but your timeline seems a little bit tight.

3. Do you have some sample script say of the two pages you show here that could be used to make the samples?

• Hello Cameron,

Sorry to hear about the team bailing on you on short notice. I'm praying you find what & who you need, and in a timely manner. Although I only write (I've hired an artist to work on "Lightweightz"), I'll keep a look out....

If you want to work with a Christian artist, you may want to visit Parable Comics:

http://www.parablecomic.com/

They have a lot of contributing artists, so you can click on their name and get their e-mail and contact them directly. I did this a while back when looking for an artist for "Lightweightz." Although the artists I contacted were busy with other projects, I was able to expose myself to other artists. When you click on their name, you can visit their website, so you can look at their artist and contact those whose art you like.

If you are wiling to work with an artist who is not Christian, then I would suggest visiting Deviant Art (www.deviantart.com) and putting out some "open calls" on some group walls, and/or some walls of artists whose work you like. If time's an issue, then this option may be worth pursuing. It may be easier to find up-and-coming artists with reasonable prices who are free to start working on projects. At least that's been my experience.

Hopefully this info helps, and I look forward to reading your work! Stay blessed and encouraged...

Flavorful Dishes
  • PLEASE STOP YELLING. ALL CAPS = YELLING ONLINE.

Doing All Caps as an EMPHASIS is fine, but to DO IT ALL THE TIME gets tedious. (Sorry for yelling, just trying to make a point.)

QUESTIONS:

1. Is this a paid job?

2. How many pages is a chapter? If you consider that  a page a day  PENCILS - and ONLY pencils is the common speed of output (generally) , if each of your chapters is more than 15 pages, and it takes a half day to ink, half day to color - each chapter will only be completed at the end of the month. Some people are faster than others.

Some people might be really fast - but their quality may stink.

Not to be a gloomcookie, but your timeline seems a little bit tight.

3. Do you have some sample script say of the two pages you show here that could be used to make the samples?

This reply was deleted.