CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
At my job, I am the only Christian on my shift and we were discussing that if we met the one person what would we do. I said Jerry Rice and I would minister the word to him and hope to lead him and his family to Christ.Now I said artist in this forum so who will it be? There are alot of artist that I admire, but let's make it hard, just one. For me all artist, hehehe, but it would be Hunberto Ramos, (I know I met him and didn't minister to him, but there will be another time) I believe it will be a little easier to talk to him about God because although he is not Christian, he does not deny he has faith, so I think it would be him. I know this isn't going to be easy, there are alot of favorite artist that I will be ministering to, but if I could sit and talk to one it may be him. Who is it would you like to minister to?

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I know that Frank Miller was planning to do an illustrated story about Christ, but it never came to pass.
  • Carlos Garzon is a Christian. He has work with Nate Butler several times and Nate has discribed him as a wonderful brother in the Lord.
  • Met Alex Ross and interviewed him, you can tell that he has some biblical knowledge. Have you ever heard of Carlos Garzon? He did the comic book adaptions of Empire strikes back and return of the jedi in the 80's.
  • First off I would like to apologize to anyone who read my comment. As a christian I need to set an example of the love of christ and I did not represent him with that comment. I thank you Bro. Bruce for God using you to see that my comment was very rude and harsh and based on my experience. I was talking to my wife and I believe that my comment was more aimed at the fact that it was my experience with him and I had a resentment for him. So I had asked the Lord to forgive me as I repented and to remove any bitterness I have towards him or any other person. This is good, deep feelings that are rooted or surpressed were dealt with. Thank you Lord. Again except my apologgies to anyone who I may have offended with my comment. You too Frank, if your reading this. Hey this is good therapy.
  • I admit it, I reacted to what you said. Thanks for writing back.
    I think I'd like to share the gospel with lots of people, and I'd like to get to know a few of the guys out there doing the art. Two of my living heroes are Carmine Infantino, who is Catholic I'm pretty sure, and Joe Kubert, who is Jewish. Both of them are good people. In my experience, anyone who has reached the top of their career track, as both of them have, has a unique take on their spirituality/religion. It seems that no top-flight guys ever have off-the-shelf kinds of faith. They always seem to have wrestled thru the things of faith just like their art, or music, or philosophy (my three loves).
    My other cartooning heroes are Lynn Johnston, Will Eisner and Herge. And Jack Kirby. And Mac Raboy. And Al Williamson. And Alex Ross. Of the current main DC and Marvel artists, many of them look indistinguishable to me even if they are uniformly better than the old days' artists. I like Adam Kubert's work.
    Charles said:
    That is true. And I am not judging any of these creators on declining any invitation. Religion is a very touchy subject to a lot of people in any circle and forgive me for seeming as one dimensional in my response, but I have met Frank Miller and he was a cold distant. To the fans waiting on line he was nice but behind the scenes it was different, not demeaning him, maybe I caught him in a mood. So this is just based on my experience. And it wasn't as just a fan. I know alot of creators may turn down a panel on religion and I believe that there is certain creators who will love to talk about that, that will be great. I know I must have came out wrong with my comment and forgive me. I guess he left a bad impression on me. ( let's just say that his comment about fans was hurtful.) I do care for these creators and I will jump at any opportunity to minister to them. Bruce C. Meyer said:
    Any of the premier guys in comic art, especially Frank Miller, Alan Moore, John Byrne, Alex Ross, and anyone from DC/Marvel before 1990 (pretty much), has lived in a world rich in religious-ness. It doesn't take any special ego to decline an invitation to a church party, which CCAS could look like.
    Frank Miller was a close associate of Will Eisner, the premier cartoonist for bringing a religious perspective to the art form.
    Alan Moore is a long time practitioner of non-Christian religion, and knows exactly how what he's got differs from the gospel.
    Alex Ross's dad is a mainline denominational minister.
    Of course, anyone could be appealed to by someone who actually cares for them personally.
  • That is true. And I am not judging any of these creators on declining any invitation. Religion is a very touchy subject to a lot of people in any circle and forgive me for seeming as one dimensional in my response, but I have met Frank Miller and he was a cold distant. To the fans waiting on line he was nice but behind the scenes it was different, not demeaning him, maybe I caught him in a mood. So this is just based on my experience. And it wasn't as just a fan. I know alot of creators may turn down a panel on religion and I believe that there is certain creators who will love to talk about that, that will be great. I know I must have came out wrong with my comment and forgive me. I guess he left a bad impression on me. ( let's just say that his comment about fans was hurtful.) I do care for these creators and I will jump at any opportunity to minister to them. Bruce C. Meyer said:
    Any of the premier guys in comic art, especially Frank Miller, Alan Moore, John Byrne, Alex Ross, and anyone from DC/Marvel before 1990 (pretty much), has lived in a world rich in religious-ness. It doesn't take any special ego to decline an invitation to a church party, which CCAS could look like.
    Frank Miller was a close associate of Will Eisner, the premier cartoonist for bringing a religious perspective to the art form.
    Alan Moore is a long time practitioner of non-Christian religion, and knows exactly how what he's got differs from the gospel.
    Of course, anyone could be appealed to by someone who actually cares for them personally.
  • Any of the premier guys in comic art, especially Frank Miller, Alan Moore, John Byrne, Alex Ross, and anyone from DC/Marvel before 1990 (pretty much), has lived in a world rich in religious-ness. It doesn't take any special ego to decline an invitation to a church party, which CCAS could look like.
  • Wow, it figures. He has become a little full of himself. Met him before and he is kind of arrogant.
    Sounds like a great panel though. Who was on the panel?

Ralph Ellis Miley said:
    For me, it would be either John Byrne or Frank Miller. We had invited Frank Miller to be on the Spiritual Themes in Comics panel that the CCAS hosts at Comic Con International, but he declined.
  • For me, it would be either John Byrne or Frank Miller. We had invited Frank Miller to be on the Spiritual Themes in Comics panel that the CCAS hosts at Comic Con International, but he declined.
This reply was deleted.