CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• I'm a big Green Lantern fan(Hal Jordan) or many years. I hope the producers do a great job

with the GL mythos in the movie. The one page movie teasers in the GL comic look promising. It seems as if the producers have high hopes for the franchise. We'll see.

• Calvary Comics said:
    Don't forget about animated cartoons ("Teen Titans," e.g.).
    Good point. Interesting how the animated versions of comic characters tend to be so much more popular in their homogenized, family-friendly format - yet comic books proper can't follow that same pattern. But I'm sure, given time, this medium will be ruined as well.
  • Don't forget about animated cartoons ("Teen Titans," e.g.).
  • Calvary Comics said:
    Movies, but also licensing for commercial products, games, clothes, etc.

I wonder about the viability of the commercial products without the movies. I just saw a shop with a "Green Lantern" t-shirt - and I can't help but think that something like that wouldn't exist were it not for the forthcoming movie. I wonder, without the movies, would most of these characters start to be relegated to obscurity?

• Rob Marsh said:
    On a similar note, something I've been wondering recently: with mainstream comic book sales having declined steadily since the 90's (corresponding with the decline and content and quality...) my question: is it really only the MOVIE leg of the Big Two comic companies that's keeping either of them alive anymore?

Movies, but also licensing for commercial products, games, clothes, etc.
  • On a similar note, something I've been wondering recently: with mainstream comic book sales having declined steadily since the 90's (corresponding with the decline and content and quality...) my question: is it really only the MOVIE leg of the Big Two comic companies that's keeping either of them alive anymore?
  • Great : )
This reply was deleted.