CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

next step

I am not a cartoonist but an artist that illustrates.  In our meetings in my local christain group I draw each week a sequence of events as I see them.  The style is sketchy and loose.  I don't know where to get these ideas developed further.  If anyone has any suggestions or encouragement it would be appreciated.

Photo on 22-06-2014 at 17.16.jpg

Photo on 25-05-2014 at 22.14.jpg

Photo on 25-01-2014 at 11.20.jpg

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• thats a good idea kevin.thankyou for your comments.......I will get back to you

• I can see your work going a few ways.

You say you want to teach, so perhaps some illustrations of biblical stories would fit. I imagine large images (like stained glass windows) showing scenes from the Bible with your art capturing the emotions of the story.

You also speak of a very dramatic personal conversion experience. Have you illustrated that?

• Thank you Kevin.  Iam interested in telling a story with this work...it is really about our adventures as a group here but I love to do this kind of sequential work.  I think I want to communicate christain ideas but in a very subtle way.  I am interested in any form of work but would like to teach with these images and ultimately to christain and similar.  I was saved in a very dramatic way and feel that I communicate drama in my ideas.  I think people are looking for a hero.  I am having trouble find interest in this work and direction. I thank you for your interest and appreciate any advice.

• That art work is very cool and certainly has a powerful emotional feel. For further ideas...that can come from you. What do you want to say with your art?

Are you interested in telling stories? Making covers? Illuminating text?

Your style is distinctive and needs to match the style of the story you will be telling.
This reply was deleted.