CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

next step

I am an artist not really with any comic book experience.  I sketch the events of our local church meetings as a sequence and think the ideas lend themselves to a style that is relevant.  I need to find an avenue for these ideas or a market.  I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Photo on 25-05-2014 at 22.14.jpg

Photo on 28-07-2014 at 18.01.jpg

Photo on 22-06-2014 at 11.45.jpg

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Brien, the work is very similar.  I will continue in my pursuit.  

• Dan,

Check out my recent post on this site, "Two more ideas for $ from art," then Google "Brian Boru Comic Saloon Dublin exhibit" and check out the images.  I personally see a lot on commonality between your style and the style displayed in the exhibit: intense blazes of motion and color, semi abstract style.

I recently talked with a British businessman who castigated artists in general for producing 'worthless' content without an eye on application or usefulness. I started to mentally ignore him until he began spinning ideas off the top of his head that caught my attention(the Tourist Center idea was an adaption of one of his ideas.)  I guess what I'm suggesting to you is that artists may be the wrong people to ask for business ideas.  Maybe your local Chamber of Commerce, Rotary club or area Museums (or a business you would really like to work for) is really the people you need to approach for ideas.

This reply was deleted.