CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

new to CCAS

Hello,

I'm new to CCAS, and I feel like a real amateur posting my work on this site, but I am really interested in all the talent I see on display here.

My website is www.treesofthefield.ca, for anyone interested in having a look at my cartoons.  Nothing fancy, just single-panel, gag cartoons.

I would be especially interested in meeting other artists who have worked on comic strips or cartoons like mine, but all comments/suggestions are welcome.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, and I hope to make some good connections with professionals working in this field.

deuteronomy.foundmeat2.jpg

gospels.birdsandseeds2.jpg

revelation.fourhorsemen.jpg

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Welcome aboard.

Well - don't feel too  bad you have two things going for you...actually 3:

1. Clarity

2. Consistency

3. Humor

Your panel gags are quite funny. If you were to take any inspiration, do consider Gary Larson who did the Far Side (if you haven't already). I don't think he ever claimed to be able to draw, but whatever he did contained the 3 elements above.

Keep us laughing.

• Steven:

welcome!  Love your stuff for it's simplicity and kind of quirky humor (re: Queen of Sheba).

I did panel cartoons way back in the day, and always feel drawn to do more...usually when something in the world just strikes me as humorous.

bob-

www.headpress.info

• Steven Wall, the Big Bird comic was inspired. I like these one panel comics people do.
This reply was deleted.