CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

new Christian comics article

I was asked by Noah Berlatsky of THE COMICS JOURNAL to write an article about Christian comics.  His blog is still linked to the TCJ site, but as of last week it has gone independent of the journal:

http://hoodedutilitarian.com/2011/02/christian-comics/

It's a blessing to be invited to share the reason for the hope that is within us (followers of Christ), and why we do what we do.  Enjoy!

Alec Stevens

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Fascinating! I'm doing a presentation on comics in America. I'm definitely going to use this article as a resource.
  •  

We still need commercial product.  Such things are part of the cultural language of this materialistic generation.  We communicate by using the same language the culture speaks, though not preaching the same message.

• Thanks, fellows!  We don't need more commercial product, we need to be transparent vessels of recovery, the visible representation of Christ's earthly body, to see souls won in this last hour.  The comics and graphic novels are merely one of many means of bringing an anointed Word to those who are thirsty for truth in a time when compromise is the norm in what is supposed to be the household of faith. 

"To God be the glory/through Jesus, His Son/Great things He has spoken/great things He has done..." ---Fanny Crosby

Blessings in Christ,

Alec Stevens   

• Very cool article.  I love this site, and people like you who have helped me to see that there really are a lot of other Christian artists out there who want to spread the word of Christ through sequential art.  Thank you!
  • Alec, you did your thang man! Great Job! Lots of history too!
This reply was deleted.