CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

New and looking for an artist!

Good afternoon! My name is Tim and, while I have been a "member" for a while I have yet to post anything. I have spent a year developing and crafting, praying, and thinking about a Christian comic. I am pleased to say I have it! First, though, I am thirty something, leaning towards forty. I have been writing for more years than I care to think. I come from a long line of warrior poets and I take the craft with excruciating seriousness. I have three kids, a beautiful wife, and a whole lot of time right now. I was recently in a law enforcement academy but a misplaced step led to a broken leg and here I am. As for my project, well first. I am currently developing an animated series (any animators out there?) several creative stories (maybe short, maybe full novel length) and this comic series. The only problem I have is I can't draw! (Actually that is something of a fib, I have also developed a comic strip series that I am self publishing but it is not the style I am looking for!) So if there are artists out there that want to roll the dice, scratch the paper, and give a project some lift let me know!

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Perfect!!!! Sounds real good. Is there anyway we can talk offline? I am in California but I can give you a ring. You can e-mail me privately at ragingcelt1@yahoo.com. I look forward to hearing fromy you!!

Thanks!
    -Tim

Larry Swearingen III said:
    Tim I like the Idea already. If you have a breakdown on wht you would like the character to look like you could send it my way. i will take take that and deliver a couple of conceptual drawing based on our description and you than tell me changes you would like to make. Of course you retain all copywrites to the characters and for the time being i would retain original artistic rights. ot a work for hire yet...lol...but you let me know. I have done a few conceptual pieces alreaddy for a couple of writers and so farr have received nothing buit kudo's.. That simply means someone else didnt jump on it as fast as i did. I have a relativly good turn around rate on my work. The way you describe the basis for the story leads me to believe that it would be one of those black and whites (Eastmon-Laird) that would work well in that median. let me know
  • Tim I like the Idea already. If you have a breakdown on wht you would like the character to look like you could send it my way. i will take take that and deliver a couple of conceptual drawing based on our description and you than tell me changes you would like to make. Of course you retain all copywrites to the characters and for the time being i would retain original artistic rights. ot a work for hire yet...lol...but you let me know. I have done a few conceptual pieces alreaddy for a couple of writers and so farr have received nothing buit kudo's.. That simply means someone else didnt jump on it as fast as i did. I have a relativly good turn around rate on my work. The way you describe the basis for the story leads me to believe that it would be one of those black and whites (Eastmon-Laird) that would work well in that median. let me know
  • Hi Larry. Good to meet you over cyberspace. Wow, I'm not sure where to begin. First, simply as a formality, I need to say I can't pay right now. This is an as we go venture if you are interested. I have a tremendous story that would like amazing in print. I am thinking a black and white run, similiar to the old school ninja turtles from the eighties. The story itself revolves around a fallen angel. He doesn't understand why he has fallen just that he has. As he struggles to understand his settings he realizes there are people looking for him. He finds a weapon, a katana, in a pawn shop, and hides. He is later found by the people and he realizes these too are the fallen ones. The angel, now calling himself Katana, decides to fight against these "people" he knows now to be demons. The rest, as they say, is history. I have taken a few liberties with the story arcs. I have one planned of the Devil's bid to take over Heaven that I am excited about. The story takes place on Skid Row in Los Angeles with the depression (something I would consider an arrow in the enemy's quiver) and hopelessness of the area. The citizens don't understand the war (that whole invisible war going on around, us kind of thing) but are victims nonetheless. If you are interested let me know! I am dieing to get this going!

Larry Swearingen III said:
    I am very interested. I have been drawing since I could pick up a crayon. If you look at myspace/phoenixfirestudios You can see a little of my work. Now I havent done alot of sequantial pages. It is not that I can because I have with a few of my own characters, It is simply because I am a real closet writer. I have the stories and I have the talent with a pencil, I feel I do, I just need something scripted to give me the creative edger that I need. Let me know.
  • I am very interested. I have been drawing since I could pick up a crayon. If you look at myspace/phoenixfirestudios You can see a little of my work. Now I havent done alot of sequantial pages. It is not that I can because I have with a few of my own characters, It is simply because I am a real closet writer. I have the stories and I have the talent with a pencil, I feel I do, I just need something scripted to give me the creative edger that I need. Let me know.
This reply was deleted.